Prologue

New A/N: So I redid this Prologue, and I'll do the same for the first three chapters as well. I feel like this was created with no experience, and it wasn't something I planned on posting online. So I didn't put much effort into it. I thought that was an injustice, to you all and anyone else who may read this. I have kept the old chapter for myself, and the old Author's Note is still at the bottom.

Sometimes, I used to ponder the meaning of it all.

Mostly why I'm here. In this world. Why I was manifested from the crumbled remains of creatures that disappeared from this world well over 64 million years ago. Why I was brought up through methods most would think unbearable or cruel. Why I somehow put up with it for so long, never thinking to escape for almost three years.

And why it all ended in the same place before. My rotting corpse in the place I dread the most. I must ask myself why I returned here. It almost seems like it's poetic, and if it didn't result in the consumption of my sanity and the shattering of my cracked soul, I would almost call it beautiful.

So many unanswered questions led me to think there might be some other being, one at least that's been guiding my destiny.

Let me start from the beginning.

I'm the Indoraptor, or that's what I was told I was. I've always known. But I'll let you decide what I am, like always. I don't care, and I never cared about my physical appearance. At least not directly. What I don't know is who I am.

It's a question I've been struggling to find the answer to. I grew up in a lab as a resented creature, a hated and shamed result of grand delusions. Personal gain is the motivation behind everything, which further drives my hatred for my creators.

Every time I come close to blacking out, every time I experience a new kind of pain, every time I force the last bit of life out of my prey, every time I've gotten a hateful glare, I always ask the same question.

Why can't the world just let me die already?

I was sure I had experienced everything life had to offer. From what I could see from inside my cramped cage, there wasn't anything left. This was all I had, and when I realized that, I knew there was no reason to exist. I wanted it to just end already, and I knew how to do it. I had done it on my prey before.

Though for some reason, I never was able to bring myself to just lift up my claw and slice through the thin layer of scales on the underside of my neck. Something stopped me, and I despised it. So I continued living, just barely. I was given scars, internal problems, and damage to my mind that I knew would always stay with me. But I continued on.

Then came the night it all changed.

I was given a glimpse of freedom, a chance to explore the world outside my cage. I snatched it up greedily. I checked every nook and cranny, and found myself having the time of my life. I found an escape to the outside world, and discovered that there was so much more than what I had previously imagined. No walls for the miles and miles that I could see, just endless world.

It didn't last long though. I was chasing prey, the ones who hurt me, through dangerous terrain. No matter how careful I was, the floor seemed to become unstable beneath me, as if it wasn't ready for me. It seemed like nothing was.

With a battle cry that stopped me in my tracks, a burden was laid upon my shoulders. The glass beneath me gave, and I plummeted. Down through the darkness I spun, seeing my life flash before my eyes as I thought about everything that came before this. It was like the emptiness of the chilling room conveyed the nightmare that was my past. What lay at the end, I had no way of telling. In the moment I had lost any memory of which room this even was.

But the icy touch of the horns as they drove through my body were quick to remind me. The inside of my chest was in turmoil, and I felt the warm trickle of blood creep into my mouth, and my sputtering throat soon quieted, the croak diminishing into silence.

I heard a victory roar above me, and the razor talons on my chest leaped off, leaving me to die. The raptor had left our dance of death with gravity virtually unscathed, but I didn't.

I took this thought with me, and kept it close as the darkness consumed my vision, and everything went numb.

Old A/N Alright, the first part is up! Whoohoo it may not be a chapter but whatevs. As said in the description of the story there are inspirations for this story, and the biggest one is Ripper: An Indoraptor Story by ElijahCole11, he is an amazing writer and I can't thank him enough for allowing me to do this. Stay tuned, because I have more chapters all drafted up!