Chapter 5: New Alliances I

"What do you mean he's not there?!" Wu shouted into the phone, clearly becoming impatient with the incompetence of his men. "It's right on the agujaceratops skull, just get it!" He hurried.

     "There's nothing there but dried blood." One of them responded, quite confused at what the doctor was rambling about.

     "Are you sure?" He asked, not quite believing his ears. He saw the footage. That raptor killed the creation he had worked on for years, and he was going to get the last fruits of his labor if it was the last thing he did.

     "I think I would have noticed a huge corpse impaled here sir." Wu was furious at his disrespect, but he had bigger eggs to incubate. He shut off the phone, slamming it into the table with shaky hands. Where was his weapon! The creature that would make him millions of dollars and become the head of the genetic race was gone.

     He sat at his desk for a moment to calm himself, thinking about what to do. He tried to think about what the man said, about dried blood, before something clicked in his mind. Picking up the phone again, he asked the worker the specifics of the blood.

     "Umm,  there's lots of it. Couple weeks old. There's a lot on the horns, and a trail that appears to lead away. Something must've eaten it... because that thing couldn't have survived right?" He asked, a bit of worry in his tone.

     "You don't need to worry about that. I just need the specimen. Bring back a sample of the blood and leave the rest to me." he ordered. He ran through the numbers in his head, before he walked to the computer on the other side of the room. Turning it on, two bars came on the screen, and he typed in an encrypted passcode.

     The screen flashed purple and the message //hellodoctor appeared, before giving way to show multiple files. He double clicked on one titled 'footage' and many more appeared, each titled a different room from Lockwood estate. Hovering over one, he clicked on the one titled 'display room', which showed even more files with dates as names, and he clicked on '6/7/18'.

     He scrolled through the footage, which mostly at first showed the empty room in the darkness of night. Eventually the roof shattered and down fell two snarling beasts, before the larger one ended up impaled with the smaller one standing on top. She looked over his corpse for a moment before letting out a screech of victory. She jumped onto the floor and stood there for a moment, and then turned to run out of the room, clearly looking pleased with herself. The room fell silent as the body of the indoraptor dangled from the boney swords.

     'I've seen this before, and the results of previous tests state that there is no way he could have survived. So what happened to his corpse?' he silently wondered. He was moving his mouse to the corner of the screen to go back and look at other dates when something caught his eye. He looked at the body again and began staring intently at it, waiting for something to happen. That's when he saw it: the indoraptor's chest slowly began rising, before falling again. It was breathing.

     It was alive!

     Wu just stared at the footage in amazement, not quite believing his eyes! All of the test state he wouldn't survive that, yet he's breathing. It should have hit his heat... has his anatomy changed? Wu couldn't quite figure it out, and something else had his attention.

     The Indoraptor's eyes opened, and he began looking around. When Wu looked into his eyes, he noticed something amiss. They were foggy, clouded almost. He hadn't noticed before when the indoraptor was still captive, but now he remembered them looking like that recently, and he also remembered that that wasn't right.

     The no-longer-dead corpse of the indoraptor began twitching all over, in some areas more than others. Wu hadn't recognized this behavior, but he had a few guesses. It began coughing up blood, and Wu then noticed the amount of blood at his feet.