Chapter 2: The Woods

Oh god, I really need to stop pasting my chapters into Wattpad on my phone. It's convenient to do after the applying the finishing touches late at night (which is usually when I write best), but do I really need to go through and separate each paragraph? Hopefully that gets fixed soon. Maybe. Anyway, as promised, this is the revised version of chapter two. The rest of the chapters that existed previously will follow soon, along with previously untouched chapters that I'll be revealing for the first time. Of course, to create some kind of pause, I'll be waiting a bit before doing that. Keep in mind that if you find any mistakes, do let me know. I wouldn't want something to go missed. For now, enjoy.

Crack

I could feel the structural integrity fail against the immense pressure of my jaws, the splintered remains of the skull shifting as my tongue lathered over them. I could barely make out the shape of a scalp and some bits of the eye sockets, but other than that, it was crushed. The separation down the back must've finally given out, and now the thing that had kept me occupied for so long was obliterated. All I had now was nothing more than bone dust.

It had become just another part of my life that would never be the same.

Growling at my own foolishness, I spat out the fragments and rose up from my prone position, my slender form expanding and contracting along with my breath as I slinked out of my "home." The surrounding cages were all empty, I noted, and a terrible but expected notion welled in my stomach; they had saved everyone but me. These disgusting animals had been here for less than a day, some escaping and even killing. I had been here for an indescribable amount of time, condemned to insufferable torture unlike anything any living creature I had seen be put through. Even the prey items they fed me at least got the sweet relief of death, whilst I still remained, rotting. All this time spent turning me into a living death-machine, yet they couldn't spare the thought of preventing my death, even if it was something I desired. I was worthless in their eyes. Meanwhile, the newcomers had all been released shortly after arriving here, most inherently more dangerous than I.

It infuriated me, but didn't surprise me. There was only black and white in this world. If it didn't elicit an infatuated response from the god-like humans, then it was deemed worthless. This very fact ruled over my mind.

All this pondering eventually ceased with the sound of thousands of tiny bone snaps quietly getting closer. I perked my head up to look around, and eventually my sights focused upon two blue and white iron monsters outside approaching the doors that lead to the chamber I was in. From the stomach of the beasts came two humans each, garbed in mostly blue apparel with yellow accents. Two started towards my hallway while the other two started investigating the mess of footprints, heaps of metal, and the hints of human death, which I had only just now noticed.

However I had no time to marvel at the possible size of the creatures that left some of the imprints as I suddenly realised that none of them had seen me yet, as the darkness of the room I was in was such a stark contrast to the light they were standing in that their inefficient eyes were still adjusting. I seized the chance and silently darted up the steel stairs adjacent to me, ignoring the memories they ignited within my mind.

"This is something you don't see everyday," one of the humans said.

"Did you accept this call expecting a high school party?" another biped commented, shifting through some of the equipment of my handlers. He tossed a blue poker out of the way, and seemed to find interest in one of those loud death sticks.

"Yes," the first responded, looking a bit out of it. "This looks more like some kind of smuggling operation."

"What're they trying to sneak in? I don't think you need tasers to bring drugs around... endangered animals maybe?" The human pressed a button on one of the rods, and immediately blue heat arced across one end. The other human began approaching the others outside, who became interested in a smashed container with bone shards dotting the gravel around it. Again, I noticed the same massive footprint it had sunk into.