CHAPTER 2

Three days.

Regulus slumped against the stone wall, staring at the same wall opposite of him. He had been confined behind bars for three days now, and he was tired and anxious to get out.

Humans can be cruel.

He looked around, noticing that no one was around, and sighed.

"Why do I have to be blamed for this?" He mumbled, a part of him hoping Mirfak would hear him from the heavens. "I didn't expect to be greeted like this when I first arrived to Earth. Shouldn't they treat us better?"

The only response Regulus obtained were footsteps from the nearby set of stone stairs leading into the cellar he was in.

Looking ahead, Regulus noticed Pip peak his head around the corner, catch sight of him, and scurry over to his cell.

"Pip!" Regulus exclaimed silently. "Surely you're here to free me!"

"No, you're a spy, and I can't do that," Pip replied.

Regulus groaned. "I'm not a spy, for the last time! I don't even know who this Warlock is!"

"Regardless, I'm your friend, and I've come to visit you," Pip stated. "I also brought a present."

"A present? Like, a gift?" Regulus asked.

"Yes," Pip responded. He reached into the bag he carried on his back and pulled out a stick with a base and strings on it. He strummed it, and a harmonic tune arose.

"This is my banjo," Pip said. "I will sing to you."

"Sing?" Regulus asked.

Pip nodded and strung a tune on his banjo, and immediately put words to it.

"Sir Regulus,

Traitorous spy,

You sit in a cellar,

We meet eye to eye..."

Regulus sighed and slumped back against the stone wall as Pip continued singing. He found it mildly annoying.

"You're blamed for a spy,

For being alike,

To an unknown Warlock,

Who gives us a fright-"

"If you wouldn't mind," Regulus cut him off, "could you please stop singing?"

Pip stared at him blankly. "I guess it's enough for today. I'll be back tomorrow to entertain you, though!"

Before Regulus could reject, Pip got up and left, hurrying away back up the flight of stone stares.

Regulus scowled and curled up in a ball on the side, staring at his necklace.

How was I able to summon the lion? He wondered. It must have been because I am from Leo...

As he continued to ponder these thoughts, more footsteps caught his attention.

"Go away, Pip. I don't want to hear more music," he mumbled.

When no one responded, he turned around, but to his surprise, Pip was not there. Instead, a beautiful, young woman a little bit older than Pip was marching down the steps, her brown hair pulled back in a braid as she wore a purple, royal dress. A crown also topped her head, and Regulus assume she was royalty.

"Who are you?" He asked, sitting up straighter.

"I am Princess Alya," the woman responded in a gentle voice. "You must be Sir Regulus?"