CHAPTER 4

Days had passed since the attack. After Regulus had defeated Dubhe's bear, no one saw him as a spy or a traitor anymore. He was seen as a hero.

Even now, as he knelt before the king that blamed him, guards stared at him with awe behind their silver helmets.

"Explain this all, Sir Regulus," King Henry ordered. "I apologize on behalf of myself and my kingdom, and so thank you for saving my daughter and my people. But how could you possibly not be working with the Warlock?"

Regulus looked up at the King.

"It's a story you may not believe," he began.

"Explain it anyway," the King replied. "I must know."

"My name is Regulus, as you know," Regulus began. "However, I am not human. I am a star from the sky embodied as a human. The Warlcock - Dubhe - is a star as well. He ran to Earth without reason from his constellation, and I followed to stop him."

No one responded for a moment before the King sighed. "How does this explain his bear or your lion? Those are no normal animals."

Regulus stood up. "I am from the constellation known as Leo that resembles a lion. Summoning my lion shows my origin and is my way of defense. The stars are not human, and we defend and attack in our own ways. Because Dubhe is from Ursa Major, he can summon a bear. I have no idea why he attacks your kingdom, however. All I know is that I must either bring him back to the sky or kill him."

The King nodded, and Alya spoke from where she sat by him.

"Father, I was hoping to tell you this. That's why I was talking to him in the cell," she explained.

King Henry nodded. "Sir Regulus, if it is alright with you, I wish to make you a knight of our kingdom. I hope you may defend us against anymore attacks."

Regulus nodded. "I accept," he said proudly. "However, I must leave when the time comes. I cannot stay on Earth forever."

King Henry nodded. "Come here, Regulus."

Regulus walked forward, to which King Henry stood up and pulled out a sword.

"Regulus of Leo, do you promise to defend and protect our kingdom in battle and attacks, and stand for our royalty?" He asked.

If Dubhe attacks this kingdom constantly, I will have a better chance in facing him as a knight here.

Regulus nodded, realizing this must have been part of a ceremony. "I accept."

"Then I hereby announce you as Sir Regulus, Knight it Lions," King Henry announced, placing his sword on both shoulders.

The guards straightened up after his announcement, and Regulus did as well.

"Pip, show him to the barracks," King Henry called out.

Regulus' proud expression suddenly shifted to slightly annoyed as Pip appeared out of practically nowhere, running and smiling happily.

"You're one of us now!" He exclaimed.

"I know, Pip," Regulus replied.

"Now you must follow me to the barracks!" Pip continued.

"I know, Pip," Regulus repeated himself.

He stood up and followed Pip as he excitedly walked down a hallway to the side of the throne room they were gathered in.

"I knew you weren't a traitor!" Pip was rambling on, despite his efforts of calling him a spy in his horrible songs.

"Where are we going? What are the barracks?" Regulus asked, confused.