CHAPTER 7 (END)

Regulus rode on Leo as fast as he could, the starry lion racing through the forest separating the two kingdoms. He knew he needed to get back as soon as possible before anything happened.

As he rode on, leaving the others behind, he noticed the walls to the kingdom, and he ran through the gateway.

The village was already in chaos. Dubhe's army must have moved out for the attack while we were fighting him! Regulus realized.

Soldiers were fighting in the village, and fire was burning houses as terrified residents fled for their lives, leaving their belongings to burn. The sight flared up the anger already present in Regulus' chest.

He jumped off of Leo and charged into the castle. He needed to make sure Alya was safe.

As he entered, he noticed King Henry laying on the ground, injured.

"Your highness!" Regulus shouted, running to him. "Are you alright? Where is Princess Alya?"

King Henry looked beyond him into a gateway. "Our men are holding them off. She ran that way with other knights."

Regulus nodded. "I'll save her. Find a medic and heal up," he ordered.

Without waiting for a response, he ran down the hall. Soldiers were collapsed, dead and wounded against the walls.

"Where's Alya?" Regulus asked one of them, barely conscious.

The knight shook his head and closed his eyes, and Regulus shook him. "Speak, damn it! Don't give up!"

The knight didn't respond, and Regulus shook up. Dubhe's army seemed to have killed most of the other knights.

He would not forgive him.

Regulus put the anger behind him and continued running, and as he neared and opening to a bridge, he spotted Alya's bright hair.

Looking beyond the bridge, he saw her fighting Dubhe's knights in a clearing. She had on some armor, and a gleaming sword was held in her grasp, bloody and willing to defend her.

"Alya!" Regulus shouted, jumping over the bridge. He landed safely and ran to her.

A strong force suddenly tackled him over, and he noticed Dubhe's bear on top of him. Dubhe himself was standing by him, staring down.

"You're too late, Regulus," Dubhe boomed. "Don't get in my way."

He pulled out a large sword from behind him and started walking to Alya, who was trying her hardest to stop the enemies around her.

"Alya! Move! Run!" Regulus shouted, trying to push the bear off of him. He summoned Leo and made him run to Dubhe. As he jumped for an attack, Dubhe swung his sword at Leo, and he temporarily disappeared.

He couldn't shake off the large, starry bear on top of him. He couldn't do anything.

Dubhe stopped in front of a terrified Alya, who knocked a few soldiers over and held up her sword at him.

"Warlock! Leave!" She threatened.

Dubhe smirked and raised his sword. "You didn't deserve to be created," he frowned, swinging the sword down.

Time seemed to go by so slowly as Regulus watched the sword collide with Alya. Anger and sadness flooded his senses as the blade struck through her chest, and she stopped moving, barely locking eyes with him.

It was almost as if everything went silent.

Dubhe stared down at the lifeless princess in front of him, and he dropped his sword, turning to Regulus.