Backwards Progress (Then Forwards)

'Where's Wanda?' Was the first thought that went through Peter's head as he opened his eyes.

He could feel an I.V in his arm, and a cannula in his nose.

He looked to the side and saw her, I.V feeding her medicine and an oxygen mask over her face.

Steve and Tony were sitting on a couch across from them.

The med room was exactly the same as when they were saved from HYDRA.

What happened? He signed to Steve, who had just looked up to see the awake teenager.

You both had seizures. HYDRA implants caused them, fed neurotoxin to your brain. Bruce and Sam saved you guys. Steve signed back.

Faint memories of pain came back to Peter.

Wanda opened her eyes next to him.

He felt a tingle in the back of his mind.

'What happened to us?'

'We both had seizures. Apparently, HYDRA implanted devices that released poison into our brains to kill us, but Bruce fixed us. I think I screamed, and that's why they knew.'

Wanda nodded.

'I think I remember hearing you.'

Just then, Bruce, Natasha, Sam, Clint, and Bucky walked into the room and sat down.

Hey Peter, Clint signed.

Hi, Peter signed back.

Wanda spread her connection to the rest of the room.

'Thanks Bruce.'

Bruce smiled tiredly. 'It was hard, but I got your implants out. You're safe now. We even x-rayed to see if there were any more. I can't believe we didn't see them earlier. I'm sorry.' He glanced down guiltily.

'You couldn't have known about them.' Peter immediately responded.

'Still. I should've been better.'

The rest of the team yelled through the connection. 'IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT!'

Bruce jumped.

Sam put an arm around him. 'It wasn't anybody's fault except HYDRA's.'

Nat smiled. 'Who wants to get the whole of S.H.I.E.L.D and kill those psychos with me?'

All of the Avengers except for Peter, Wanda, and Tony raised their hands.

'Go get them for us.' Tony said, a spark of his old self backing his words.

Steve looked at him and nodded.

'Let's go.'