We're Back on a Mission! Yay?

"A mission?"

They were in the living room eating lunch when the call came in.

It had been about a week since the team's last mission, and they were all restless in the compound.

Peter and Wanda were especially bad, because Tony wouldn't allow them in the lab to help him work, and he was allowed to go on missions!

"Are you sure you're ready?" Clint arched an eyebrow at the teens.

Peter groaned as his teasing voice sounded in his head (courtesy of Wanda, of course.) "Yes!"

"Fine, you guys can come." Steve said, sighing. He wanted them safe as much as the rest of the team, but they were Avengers as well as kids. They needed to get out and use their powers.

"YES!"

Natasha smiled at them.

They went to the debrief room, Wanda and Peter 'chatting' behind them the whole time.

Ten minutes later, they were preparing for the mission.

The goal was simple; Stop the huge evil man trying to break down a bridge downtown while simultaneously fighting genetically modified monster creatures.

Yeah, maybe it wasn't really that simple.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Wanda, you take the creatures with Sam and Clint. Peter, you're with Nat and Bucky." Steve commanded. "Thor, Tony, you're with me. We're taking on the big guy. Make sure not to hit any civilians, they are the priority here!" He turned to the rest of the team on his last sentence.

Wanda nodded in confirmation, eyes turning red as she whipped the animalistic things off of the bridge, seeing Peter webbing them up across from her.

'You okay?' She sent a message, hearing his reply in a second.

'Yep! These things are disgusting!'

Wanda stifled a laugh.

Hearing Sam grunt behind her, she turned around, a flash of red hitting the creature in the heart.

Sam got up, brushing himself off and nodding at her in appreciation.

He flew back into the sky.

Suddenly, a scream rang across the bridge.

A monster thing had dug a woman out of a car.

Wanda ran towards them.

The creature fell backwards, dropping the woman off the bridge.

Wanda caught her with telekinesis, quickly bringing her to safety.

But there was a bigger problem.

The man in the middle of the bridge was holding Tony by the throat, squeezing hard.

"TONY!"

Peter's cry rang out across the bridge.

Wanda watched helplessly as he flung himself at the man.

Peter managed to wrench Tony out of the man's grasp.

But he was grabbed by the throat instead. In a few seconds, he went limp.

He was unconscious.

"PETER!" Wanda screamed, knowing he wouldn't hear her anyway.

Peter was flung over the side of the bridge.

Into the unforgiving rapids below.