〈 17 〉

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER SEVENTEEN• ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

"I don't want you to go," Taehyung comments as he slips on his coat.

"I don't care. Maliént is a threat to everyone I love. It's about time they're taken care of."

"And we are going to take care of them just with you not there. We've got the boys."

"Well, you're missing Yoongi," You remind. "So I'll take his spot."

"We don't need a fill-in."

"I don't think you're hearing me correctly, Taehyung. I'm going and I don't need your permission." You argue.

"And if something happens to you?"

"Let's hope not." You grab your coat and turn to look at him. "Let's go."

You walk downstairs and Haesung pulls you away from the others.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Haesung asks. "This is Maliént. Someone is bound to come out dead."

"Well, it won't be one of us. Plus, my family's safety is on the table. Of course I want to come."

Haesung sighs. "I'll give you a rundown. You'll enter through the catacombs and you and Taehyung will make your way to the room where the underboss sleeps. If he's not there you wait. The others will keep a lookout and kill any Maliént men."

You nod in understanding. Haesung exhales deeply and puts a hand on your shoulder.

"You and Taehyung are my main priority. You both come out of there alive, got it?"

You nod once again.

"Let's go."

You both walk back out into the foyer and the first person you saw was Nari.

"What is she doing here?" You whisper over to Namjoon.

Namjoon turns around and sees Nari talking to Jimin. He sighs in disappointment knowing what had just happened with her and Taehyung a few days ago.

"She's going with us since she works for Haesung."

Taehyung walks down the stairs and quickly notices Nari. She looks up at him with adoring eyes and he looks away. He walks past her and towards you.

"Is everyone ready to go?"

• • • •

"Now that I'm thinking, what if Yoongi didn't have an assassin after him? What if he just didn't want to come to this mission because of the catacombs?" Jungkook comments.