Chapter 5

Because of my special circumstances, I had to meet up with All Might, Principle Nezu, and my home room teacher, Aizawa sensei, while the other students had to wait a week for their results. The meeting was mainly for Aizawa sensei, explaining my circumstances to him. Principal Nezu also made sure he knew to call me up close to last when doing group activities. If he did that, then I would have a better idea of the score I could make.

After we were done with that, Principal Nezu played the video of my entrance exam for them to watch. The Principal had been the only one to watch it as I was taking the test and had been in control of the doors, so no one else had seen what I could do. Even Toshi, who had witnessed some of my abilities, was shocked by the ease and skill with which I handled the robots.

"Not only did you take care of the robots quickly and efficiently, but you also minimized the damage to the surrounding area, something that is important in real life situations!" Toshi yelled, becoming bigger before picking me up and spinning me around.

I laughed along with him, but snuck out of his arms before he could spin me around for too long. I looked at Aizawa sensei out of the corner of my eye, watching for his reaction. His look was contemplating, seeming to be curious about something.

"Our abilities stem from the same energy, right? So, would I be able to stop your ability, too?"

"I'm not sure, do you want to try?"

When he nodded, I took some sand out of my gourd and made it move in a circle around me. Aizawa sensei's eyes turned red as he sent a piercing look at me. As he did this, my sand fell to the ground. The sensation felt familiar. I activated my eyes (unlike Mom, I could turn my Mirshagan on and off as needed) and regained control of the sand.

 I activated my eyes (unlike Mom, I could turn my Mirshagan on and off as needed) and regained control of the sand

So, it was a genjutsu. Aizawa sensei's eyes were like the sharingan without any tome, casting a realistic genjutsu on the user that messed with the chakra in their head. This made the target believe they were activating their ability, when they weren't using their chakra at all.

They were much weaker than the sharingan, though. That small genjutsu was the extent of what he could do. This weakness was also a strength, though. Because it was such a small genjutsu, it was very hard to sense.

Aizawa sensei saw the change in my eyes and deactivated his eyes. He looked questioningly at me, and I explained before he could ask.

"I have an eye ability as well. They're called the Mirshagan. With them, I can copy some abilities, though none of the ones in this world, as well as recognize and dispel illusions. That's what your ability is, an illusion. It tricks the target into thinking that they are using their chakra when they truly aren't. Anyone else here shouldn't be able to throw it off."

The meeting ended shortly after that, when they told me they had put me down for second place. Like that, I would still be close to third place when combined with the recomended students' results. I didn't really do anything else for the rest of the week. I spent most of the time exploring UA so I wouldn't get lost when school started.

While I was there, I met another future classmate. He had just finished the recommended students' exams and, from what I could tell, would definitely be admitted. His looked like he was most likely half of each of his parents, literally. His hair on his right side was white, while the left was red. It was the same with his eyes, the right one was grey and the left was turquoise. He also had a large red burn scar going over his left eye and partway down his face.

Unlike with the normal examinees, the recomended students were given their scores the same day, as their scores were easier to judge. Present Mic had been there to let the student know he had come in first from the recomended students. As soon as Present Mic recognized me, he greeted me and introduced us.

"Heeeeyyyy!! Misako Ototsuki, right! Since you're here, I'll introduce you two. Misako, this is Shoto Todoroki, first place from the recomended students! Todoroki, this is Misako Ototsuki, second place from the normal entrance exams!"

I smiled at his excitement, reminded once again of Uncle Naru. Then, I turned to Todoroki.

"Hi, nice to meet you. You can just call me Misako, I'm not one for formalities."

He just nodded at me. He had this look in his eyes, just like the one Dad and Uncle Sasuke had in old pictures of them, from back when they were solely focused on hatred and vengeance. It was a look that spoke of suffering in the past and cold determination now.

Looking in his eyes, I could tell that he had an important goal, something he would be willing to give up anything for. He also had a good deal of hatred in his eyes. However, he did not seem to be consumed with his goal. He still had some light in his eyes, something that hoped for a better life after his goal was completed.

It was getting late, so we both headed for the exit. When we got near, I decided to talk to him about it, to let him know that I knew someone else like him. Then, maybe he would do something neither my father nor uncle had done without Naru beating the crap out of them first. He might just be willing to let me help him out some so he doesn't have to shoulder his self imposed burden on his own.

"The look in your eyes, it's the same as the one my Dad and Uncle used to have."

He stopped at the unexpected conversation, turning to look at me in surprise.

"What are you talking about?" He demanded, quietly.

"The look that says you have a goal you would be willing to do whatever it takes to achieve. Both my uncle and my Dad had those looks, in old photos. Dad told me about it when he thought I was old enough."

Todoroki seemed to dismiss what I said. "No one could have experienced what I did, so stop assuming you know me."

"I wasn't. Besides, I already know my Dad didn't go through what you did. You're two different people. What I do know is that, no matter what you went through, he went through worse."

He glared at me when I said that.

"Yeah, right. I'm going home."

With that, he started walking away, determined to leave me behind. I ran to catch up with him.

"What, so I'm not allowed to assume about you, but you're allowed to assume about my Dad? I was just trying to let you know that delegating responsibility brings a higher chance of success, and offer to help you out if you need it, not compare whose life is worse. Anyway, I have experience reading the emotions of seemingly emotionless people, and would probably bug you until you tell me what's going on."

He gave me an odd look, but nodded. He seemed to do so mostly to get me to leave him alone again, but I would definately take advantage of his acceptance in the future. After all, he did just agree that, if he didn't tell me when something was bothering him, that I could annoy him until he talks about it.

Once we got to the gate, I waved, yelling "Bye!" to him as he ignored me and walked off. Then, I headed home as well, not letting his sour mood ruin the rest of my evening.