Chapter 12

From that day on until the sports festival, I spent every day training with the teachers. Most of it was pretty fun, like strength training with All Might, but some of it was just plain uncomfortable, like when Midnight decided to teach me seduction. What was the most fun, however, was learning strategy with Principle Nezu, where we played shogi and chest for hours at a time.

Even with all this going on, I still made tome for the hour of training with Todoroki, who had told me to just go ahead and call him Shoto. We had been getting a lot closer during our times together, especially with our daily talks.

We had started talking about the more sensitive topics yesterday, like how I was a mercenary for hire and actually a lot more powerful than most people knew. In return, he told me about his home life, with his father's abuse and the scar his mother gave him.

This talk was difficult for both of us, as we both worried what the other would think about what they learned. Our fears were unfounded, though. All it did was make us all the closer, as we spent the last fifteen minutes of our training time hugging and comforting each other (mostly me comforting him, but also some of him reassuring me that he understood my attitude toward killing). That day was also the first time we kissed.

------------------- Flashback -----------------------

We had both started to separate from the hug, checking to see how the other was doing, when I finally realized how close we were to each other. I blushed, slightly embarrassed, but didn't pull away from him. It felt good, being held in his arms, where I was safe and warm. There was no judgement, no fear, just loving acceptance for each other.

I could see it in his eyes, the moment he realized the same thing I did. I saw his face soften further and his eyes shine with love, just like I knew mine were. Then, we both leaned forward and pressed our lips together.

It felt like the most natural thing in the world, for me to kiss him. Like it was something I should have been doing long ago and could continue doing forever.

Our kiss was sweet and full of love, but quickly got more heated. I tightened my grip on the back of his jacket, pulling him as close to me as I could, while he grabbed my hips and did the same.

Unfortunately, we had to separate when we ran out of breath. We say there, holding each other and panting, before we finally caught our breath and stood up together. I took his hand, squeezing it and glancing his way.

"We should do that again sometime soon. Do you think that, maybe, we could go out on a date tomorrow instead of training?" I asked, hoping he would agree.

"Yes, I would enjoy that, too. Come on, let's head home."

"Alright! I'm really looking forward to it, Todoroki!"

I started walking forward, stopping when I felt that Todoroki wasn't following me.

"Shoto. If we're boyfriend and girlfriend now, i want you to call me Shoto."

I beamed at him, squeezing his hand with mine again.

"Of course! Let's go, Shoto!"

I skipped beside him as we walked off, thinking about what we would do the next day.

------------------ End Flashback ---------------------

Since today was the last day before the sports festival, I didn't have training with the teachers. Because of this, Principal Nezu decided that it would be fine if I skipped out on training to spend more time with Shoto.

We decided to make an afternoon of it, complete with a walk in the Sakura garden and fireworks in the evening. I put on my fancy kimono and then we left. It was a magical day, full of fun and beauty, as well as several more of those wonderful kisses as cherry blossoms floated to the ground around us.

The fireworks were even better. There was no festive going on today, so Shoto payed for the fireworks display himself, even going so far as to personally pick out each firework that would be used. They were all beautiful, sending a shimmer of sparks and glitter floating down toward the ground.

After the fireworks, we slowly made our way to my house, where Shoto kissed me again. I once again lost control of my hands, automatically pulling him to me. This time, though, my hands moved up and into his hair, keeping his face pulled toward mine, while he once again pulled my hips to him.

Sadly, this kiss couldn't last near as long as our other ones. Toshi opened up the door and interupted us, obviously thinking we had been at it for too long. Shoto and I immediately pulled away from each other, blushing. We might have kisses several times before, but not in front of other people.

After awkward see you tomorrows, Shoto left and I went inside, quickly rushing to my room. Still blushing, I jumped into my bed and grabbed a pillow, hugging it, and squealed into it. I had just had an amazing date with Shoto, even the interruption in the end hadn't been able to ruin it. I just hoped we could go on another one after the sports festival.