Chapter 9

As it turns out, staying on a sand platform in the air didn't give me a very big advantage. In fact, with Smog Guy transporting Bird Brain wherever I happened to be at the time, it turned out to be more of a disadvantage. I could dodge much better on the ground than in the air and would then have access to some of my sand for defence.

I brought myself back to the ground, then sent a wave of sand at the hand guy, trying to catch him in it. He could disintegrate things with his quirk, but doing that to sand would just make smaller sand. If only that would have worked. Instead, he sent Bird Brain after me, forcing me to defend myself.

Bird Brain was like the ultimate fighter. He was fast, strong, and resilient. Even if I was stronger than most people here, I was no match for him. My sand helped me dodge him for a while, but then Smog Guy joined in, teleporting Hand Guy into my blind spots or where I was dodging toward.

As a result, I ended up being punched across the room, right into one of Smog Guy's portals. He sent me crashing full speed to the ground, where Hand Guy was waiting. Hand Guy grabbed both of my arms, one of which were broken by my fall, and forced them behind my back. I screamed, both from the pain of my broken arm and the burning feeling of the skin disintegrating off my arms where they were being held. I could deal with pain, though, once I got used to it.

My body attacked before my mind had time to think of a counter, sending electricity all over my body. Hands Guy, both surprised and slightly electrocuted, jumped back from me. As soon as I was released, I flipped up onto my hands, ignoring the pain that came with that move, and then jumped backwards, landing on my feet.

I left the electricity crackling on and around me as a shield, then waited for them to make their next move. Before either of us could attack, All Might entered the room, followed by some of the other Heroes who teach at UA.

Seeing that they were outnumbered and there were no lackies to keep the other heroes from helping All Might, they decided to run. I trapped Bird Brain to keep him from getting away, but I didn't have enough time or sand to stop the other two. They abandoned everyone else and left, which probably ment that they had more allies at their base, wherever that was.

As soon as they were gone, I collapsed to my knees, releasing Aizawa sensei as I went down. However, when I did so, I accidentally released Bird Brain at the same time. He rushed to attack All Might, even though he hadn't been trying to get away at all earlier.

I quickly looked around for Hand Guy, who was always the one to tell Bird Brain what to do. If he were still here, he could have signaled Bird Brain to attack. I found him on the very edge of the building, seeming to want to keep out of the fight. They hadn't run, they had just relocated! I tried to get up and tell one of the teachers, but Aizawa sensei got to me first.

"Misako, where are you hurt?! I'll bring you to Recovery Girl!"

"My arms, the left one is broken. Before you bring me to get healed, can you get one of the other Pro Heroes for me? I need to tell them something!"

Nodding, Aisawa sensei grabbed one of the teachers with his scarf, dragging him over to us. While he was doing this, he gently picked me up, being careful not to touch my left arm. I looked over to see who he had caught, recognizing Snipe, the sharpshooter hero. He should be able to his Smog Guy and Hand Guy from where we were.

"Snipe sensei, the man controling the guy All Might is fighting is hiding over there

"Snipe sensei, the man controling the guy All Might is fighting is hiding over there." I said, pointing at Hand Guy. "If you get rid of the Hand Guy, the one attacking All Might should stop what he's doing."

He gave me a thumbs up and then aimed for Hand Guy. I didn't get to see if he hit him, because Aisawa sensei turned around with me in his arms and walked toward the exit, making sure not to jostle me.

My classmates near the exit made a path to let us through, staring at me in fear or awe, depending on the person. I ignored the was they looked at me, hoping that they'd treat me the same after I explained all this to them, which I knew I would now that they'd seen me in action.

When we made it to the nurse's office, Aizawa sensei put me in one of the cots before calling for Recovery Girl.

"There's no need, I can heal myself. I just need to rest for a bit first."

"I'm going to call for Recovery Girl anyway, just in case."

"Are you doubting my mad skills? I healed you too, you know."

"No, but I'm not taking any chances. I'd rather be more cautious now than have to bring you back later."

I sighed, but nodded. Every shinobi I know of uses this thinking in everything they do, except hospital visits. Then it's "Get out as soon as you can, even if that means it takes you longer to heal!"

"I get where you're coming from, so I'll stay here and let her check up on me. I'm not going to do this every time, though. Every good ninja is taught to escape the hospital as soon as they can, it's tradition. All good shinobi can escape the hospital in either an hour or a few days, depending on the severity of the injury. I'll let her check me, then I'm out, with or without permission."

Aizawa sensei seemed both amused and relieved by my explanation. It was the same look others back home had given me when I acted my age despite my rank. He was glad that, despite my skills and seriousness in battle, I still acted like any other teenager, even if that involved sneaking out of the nurse's office. Honestly, I was glad too. I don't think I would enjoy being cold and stoic all the time, it would be boring.