chapter 1

// authors note: hi ...i used to write a lot on my free time (as u can see by the other stories on my acc) but yea ... i wanted to write this au of bbh & skep! some things to note are that this is an au where skeppy AND bbh both have channels, but haven't met each other yet. ok enjoy :)

// update as of 02.13.21, this story will include and deal with derealization. trigger warnings will be issued for any chapters containing such mentions.

Trigger Warning: Derealization.

"Mmh.." Zak groaned, awakening from his sleep as the warm sun-rays lay unkindly on his eyelids. His eyes squinted open and he rolled over onto his side, peering at the clock on his night stand.

7:14am

"It's so early.." He mumbled to himself, still half asleep. After a while of just laying there, he stretched before finally getting out of bed. He blinked a few times and looked around his room. Everything looked extra vivid today— the monochrome hues seemed to bounce around, appearing more lively than usual. Zak smiled softly and began his usual morning routine.

As he got out of his bed, he slipped his slides on and shuffled into his bathroom. He stared at his reflection for a few seconds, thinking to himself just how badly he wanted to go back into his covers, but he fought his urges.

He looked down at his marble sink and reached for his toothbrush and toothpaste, opening the tube and smearing it on the brush. He commenced to brush his teeth.

And with that, he was on autopilot.

Once he was finished with everything, he decided to hop on Twitter and interact with his followers for a bit. They always managed to brighten up his day. If it wasn't because of the funny, yet stupid, tweets they made, it was because of how they genuinely cared and loved him.

As he opened up the app, he saw he had a new DM request from someone who's username was "@saintsofgames" ... who could that be?

He furrowed his brows in confusion and clicked on the DM. As it opened up, Zak's eyebrows raised in surprise.

badboyhalo: Hi Skeppy! I know you don't know me, but I was just wondering if we could film a video together? you seem really cool and I think my subscribers would enjoy it! :3

"Huh.." Zak said to himself, a strange feeling tugging slightly at his neck.

Skeppy: oh sure. i was just about to hop onto my server anyways. wanna film a video on there right now?

As soon as he clicked the send button, the other had read it and quickly began typing away.

badboyhalo: Oh sure! Ill get on right now :D

Zak scoffed, who uses text emoticons still when emojis exist?

Skeppy: alright, see ya there.

As he opened Minecraft on his computer, he noticed something odd. There was this .. hue on his computer. It was strange. It was the only hue on his computer besides the typical black and white. Was that always there?

No, it couldn't have been. Right? Zak hadn't ever been able to see colors.

Intrigued yet anxious, he quickly searched for the colors of the rainbow on Google. As the page loaded up, his breath escaped his lungs in shock.

Out of all the colors on the rainbow, the only one that wasn't different shades of black and white was the first color.

He bit the inside of his cheek and searched what the first color of the rainbow was. He never bothered to memorize it since he was always lazy when it came to things such as that.

Red.