chapter 6

Skeppy sat idly on the edge of his bed, his hand slowly trailing up his own arm as to comfort himself. He found himself staring outside his bedroom window; the planes passing just slightly above the horizon, the sunset melting warm tones together. The ambient noise coming from the city life drowned out his racing thoughts, and for a moment he felt that everything was normal. The sounds of the cars below him honking were still the same, and so were the dim, twinkling lights of faint stars as night crept in, pushing out the day. Serenity began embracing his senses, easing him in deeper into his relaxing stupor.

"Um, hello? Are you there, Skeppy?" A voice pierces through the monochromatic silence.

Skeppy snaps out of his trance and picks up his phone, remembering he was on a Discord voice chat with BadBoyHalo. Although he usually would've been on his computer, he didn't feel like sitting and staring at a large, bright screen today.

"Um-" Bad hesitates, stifling another question.

Zak sighs and responds back to the other.

"Sorry, I just zoned out for a bit. I'm still here." He says while he chews at his inner cheek, his leg bouncing lightly.

Zak thought that if he called Bad and told him what was going on, maybe everything would return to normal. He burned for normality to return to his life. He couldn't bear the overwhelming changes that was happening to him. Hell, he didn't even believe these changes were even happening to begin with. Colors suddenly manifesting out of the blue? No one had ever heard of such a thing.

As these thoughts kept racing in his head once again, he backed away from the feeling that he should tell Bad what was going on.

What if he thinks I'm losing it? What if he doesn't believe me? What if he laughs at me?

His breathing got faster; a familiar weight on his chest suffocated his heart, causing it to hammer against his ribs. His face seared a deep red while his hands dampened.

"Bad?" Skeppy chokes out, "Are you there still?"

"Yeah, I am. Are you okay?" He asks.

He sighs, his breath trembling. He could feel his heart attempting to escape his chest, sending pinpricks throughout his torso. It's a dull ache he remembered well.

"I'm sorry." He slips out before pressing the end call button.

He couldn't do it.

He wanted to so badly.

But, he couldn't tell him.