chapter 8.

Skeppy unlocked his phone and headed to his Messages app.

He stared at the screen as he saw his name.

ba(l)dboyhalo :)

He bit the corner of his lip, swallowing what little saliva he had. His mouth was coated in such an unpleasant, arid dryness that it almost hurt to swallow.

I shouldn't reply. I can't.

He sighed in frustration. He was tired of running around in circles with his feelings, getting so close to yipping said feelings in the tail but stumbling just as his teeth were ready to sink in.

He looked away to his side, glaring at the window. The sky seemed to almost reflect his feelings; dark clouds covering everything in sight with only a faint, focused glow behind them.

Suddenly, his phone vibrated. In shock, Skeppy dropped it on his face.

OW.

As the phone slid down his face and on to his side, he groaned in pain, rubbing the spot where the phone had fallen.

God, that hurt like a bitch.

He groaned in annoyance, picked up his phone, and saw who texted him.

MESSAGES
ba(l)dboyhalo :)
Hey, I just wanted to check up on y...

His heart sped up once again as he felt his soul clutching on to his sternum, the weight making it a bit harder to breathe. His body felt warmer, heating up by the second.

He clicked on the notification and read the message in its entirety.

Hey, I just wanted to check up on you. You've been acting odd lately, so I just want to make sure everything is alright. You can tell me anything, you know that.. if you need to get something off your mind, I'm only a text away.

He was right. He could tell him anything.

i think im in love with you.

He pressed the send button.