Eleven- Toby

I press the warm towel to her forehead, wipping off the sweat layering it. And all I can think is,

'What's happening inside her head? What's so scary?'

Instinctively I get a thermometer, checking her temp, staying at a steady rate of 99.0. Which I figure could be worst.

She shakes on the bed, her fingers twitching. She whispers things under her breath that I can't quite hear. I lean towards her mouth, feeling her hot, quick breath fan over my face. Her voice, scratchy and raspy heaves,

"don'tkillthem,someonehelpme,getmeoutofhere."

My heart leaps to my throat as my brain decodes the words. I never thought...

Why wouldn't she want to wake up, when her head is so scary by itself?

Who knew that she was so scaried?

She seems so confident, like nothing that touches her can actually affect her. But it does, it hurts her. She can't fall asleep without being haunted by the nightmares.

I pick her up as she whimpers into my shirt. Then I notice the blood seeping through her shirt. I think of calling one of the maids to help dress the wounds, but decide better of it. Percy would kill me if anyone saw the cuts zig zagging her back. I pick one of my solid colored shirt, before calling down on the house intercom

"Hello, Jada, I tripped... with scissors, can I get some gauze and disinfectant?"

"Of course sir, do you need any assistance?"

"That won't be necessary, thank you."

"Be right there sir."

I wait two minutes before hearing a light knock on the door. I 'limp' over to it, dragging the door open and hidding my leg behind it.

"Here sir." Jada says, handing me the objects.

"Thank you."

She nods, walking calmly back down the long hall towards the spiral staircase.

I slowly shut the door, turning back to Percy, who'd I laid on a red sheet on the floor while waiting. I know she'll probably kill me for doing this but take off her shirt, turning her onto her stomach, seeing the dark red liquid spilling from the cuts.

She has more cuts and bruises than clear skin.

I make a quick inventory, going through everything Jada gave me. Towels, Disinfectent, Gauze, Stitching 8Equipment and a Mini First Aid Case. I run into my private bathroom, wetting one of the towels before rushing back to her shaking form. I start mopping up the blood, wipping her back clean. I start wrapping her side in gauze, tightening it across her ribs.

After I finish dressing the wounds I pull the solid color shirt over her head, picking her up and settling her onto my bed. I throw the red sheet down the laundry shoot, grabbing a blanket and pillow, tossing them onto the floor. I start working the blankets over Percy's body, making sure she'll be warm. She moans in her sleep, whispering

"Please don't leave me too."

Even though I know she's not talking to me I still feel like she is, like she's begging ME not to let her go.

And I won't.

So I climb into bed, tucking her sleeping, frail body as close to mine as possible.

I kiss her forehead, burrying her head under my cheek. 

"Toby." She whispers, turning around so she's facing me and curls herself closer to my chest. 

+++

"AHHH!" 

My eyes open, blinking rapidly in the bright light. My chest is cold as I look around seeing Percy looking up at me with wide eyes. My brains too foggy to comprehend anything so I just lay my head back on my pillow, moaning loudly. 

"What happened?" 

"You had a nightmare I think, kept freaking out when I left." I say, peering my eyes open again and looking through the slits. 

Percy's face is beet red as she slaps my arm "I did not." 

"Did to." I moan, burrying my head under my pillow again, wanting the tranquil drowsyness of sleep. 

"Did not." 

"Yup."

"No I didn't!" Now she's just hysterical. 

I jump up suddenly, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her down so I can stay under the warmth of the blankets. I open one eye, scrunching my face up as my eyes scan her face. 

"Did to." 

She laughs, unlatching my arms from her before rolling out of my bed. She grabs my wrist, tugging on it, trying to get me up.

Not a chance. 

Eventually she gives up, telling me she's gonna take a shower. I point in the general direction of the bathroom, mumbling where the towels are as she grabs cloths from her suitcase. Once I hear the water running I drag my body out from under the covers, walking over to my closet, some rugged up jeans. Percy's done in a matter of minutes, her hair soaking up the gray shirt she wears. We switch places and I grab a towel from the cabinet, locking the door before striping down and stepping into the water. 

I finish up, change and use the towel to dry off my hair as I walk back into my room, seeing Percy leaning far on the bed while Ricky and Skylynn corner her. 

"What the heck is going on?" 

+++

A/N: Sorry it's been so long since I updated!

Oops. 

Bye....