Seventeen- Toby

My eyes adujust to the light as they open. I yawn, stretching my arms up and hearing Percy groan, turning over to find a comfortable spot with her back to my chest. She curls up in a ball, sighing in her sleep and mumbling under her breath. I smile, pulling myself away from her warmth, leaning down and kissing her temple. She stirs again before rolling in the area of the bed I was just lying in. I walk to my closet; grabbing random clothes that go somewhat well together before running into the bathroom to take a shower.

The water is practically artic temperature as it runs down my back. The scenes of yesterday keep replaying in my head, over and over, scaring me more and more each time. Seeing Percy shivering like that, paralyzed in cold. Why couldn't she stand up?

The tail, it must have been too tight on her legs.

Her height, she's way too short to even make it to the surface.

All I see is red as I feel like punching something, preferably whoever ordered her to that booth. Why couldn't she have been sleeping beauty? Being near her all the time, it's so hard not to kiss her everytime her brown eyes look into my green ones. When she sleeps next to me, her body fits right into mine, like she's perfectly made for me.

I'll ask her who assigned her to the dunk tank.

I get out of the shower quickly, changing into my clothes. I open the door, pulling my shirt over my head and shaking out my damp hair. She sitting up on my bed, starring out the open window, her arms wrapped around herself, shivering slightly as a wind plays with the curtains and brushs against her cheeks. I lean against the doorframe, just watching her.

Totally not like a stalker.

"Hey." I whisper but she doesn't turn so I don't know if she heard me.

"Hi." She says, glancing over her shoulder at me and giving me a shy smile.

"So...um... who told you to go to the dunk tank?" I ask, trying to show no emotion on my face but knowing I'm failing that to.

"One of the maids who gave me the costume, they said something about the woman of the house? Why?"

The gears turn in my head and I understand who the maid meant.

"I'm an idiot." I mutter, slapping myself on the forehead.

"Woah, um was it something I said, what's wrong?" Percy asks me, concern flooding her beautiful features.

"No it's not you, it's-"

"Me?" She cuts off with a smile, repeating the oh-so-cliche breakup line.

Wait? What?

"Oh...um...No it's not you, I uh- forgot laundry in the dryer so it's probably burned to a crisp by now" I say, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Don't you have people to do that for you?" She states.

Crap, she's got me there.

"Normally, yes but uh.. Metilda is off this week, death in the family."

Percy sighs, leaning against the headboard, looking down "It's me isn't it?"

"No way..." I place my thumb under her chin, tilting her head up "You couldn't do anything that would make me want to leave."

"Ok." She smiles

I kiss her forehead, "You take a shower ok? I gotta go get breakfast and talk with my mom about dinner."

The smile fades on her face and she nods, getting up and moving away from me, towards the bathroom, shutting it quietly behind her. I push myself off the bed, taking purposeful strides out of my room and down the hall. I jump down the stairs, making so much noise a maid drops something she was carrying.