Twenty- Percy

A/N: I know guys I hate authors notes before chapters too but I just wanted to thank all my readers and voters and commenters and just everyone who has read my story. Obviously this is the 20th chapter of dwtgb which to me is a huge trademark chapter. Only one of my other books has made it to 20 chapters so thank you guys so much you make me want to keep writing. Hopefully the next book in the series with get this much love that I'll be motivated to continue that one as well.
Thank you.
Kisses candies.
FanNerd

-Twenty- Percy-
•Don't you get it? The you, you are now is the same you I was in love with yesterday, the same you I'll be in love with tomorrow• (Adam- if I stay)

Everything has been perfect. Toby, our little coffee dates, the surprise kisses I know are for show but somehow wish they weren't. Wish they were just for me, even they are perfect.

Yet it's like I'm waiting in the calm before the storm, waiting for something to blow up in my face like it always does and ruin this perfect feeling. My stomach is already prepared for it, knows the drill,

Perfection.

Suspense.

Hit.

Shock.

Protection.

Never let someone in.

Happens over and over yet for some reason the last rule keeps jumping a bit. Someone always comes in my thick shell, and I start trusting them and it's seems perfect and then the cycle starts all over.

"Knock. knock." Toby says from the other side of the door, rapping his knuckles lightly against the expensive wood.

"One sec!" I shout, tossing a shirt over my bare body that covers up my butt.

"Ok you can come in." I say, tossing my other cloths into my duffle bag as I pull some leggings on.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks, a small smile lighting up his face, but it doesn't light up my irises like it should, they are still dark and gloomy.

"Nothing much, just trying to see what's clean or dirty, was gonna maybe do a load of laundry at Sky's."

"Oh." He looks down at the ground a little.

"Hey." I say, walking towards him, making sure he looks at me "I could always change my plans if you needed."

His smile widens so I continue,

"What did you have in mind?"

+++

"The library?" I ask, looking out the window of his car before glancing back at him.

"Wu'll, yeah, I mean, unless you wanna go somewhere else." He says.

"No I like the library." I reply, realizing I haven't been here since I started dating Toby.

"So come on then" he states, opening his door as I reach to grab mine,

"Nah ah." He stops me from outside the car, waging a finger, "allow me madam."

He swings open the door, leaving a hand to help me out.

"Why thank you sir." I reply, daintily placing my hand in his and stepping out of the car, as we make our way into the library.

The large doors swing shut behind us as we walk past Katherine at the front desk. She smiles, pointly glancing at me and Toby's joint hands before quickly showing me her hand, where a large diamond lays gracefully on her finger. I give her a huge smile, following Toby out of eye shot so we're standing behind multiple shelves. He leads me to the romance section, where I lean against the bookself across from him as he searches spines for whatever he's looking for.Suddenly he turns, but instead of looking at me, he glances above my head, continuing his search for some book or another.