Human!Odahviing x Reader

"ODAHVIIN STOP!" I called out to my best friend, who was about to kill a goat.

"Why?? It's dinner!" The redhead said innocently.

"That's my pet!"

"we're literally out in the wild."

"I don't care! Harold is my pet and we can't kill him!!! So I have two weapons with Harold in the name....Harold (Which I lost) and Harold 2.0"

Suddenly Odahviing killed Harold.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YOU MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!" I cried out.

"Calm down, it's just a goat. There's plenty out there. See, look." He pointed to a goat next to me.

"CARL!!!" I hugged the goat. The goat was freaking out but I didn't care.
"okay let's go, animal hugger." Odahviing said and grabbed my hand.
"hey you're an animal too!" I yelled at the dragon human. He chuckled and just pulled me along.

~

Once we got back to my house, Odahviing started cooking the goat and I sat down on a bench in front of the fire, staring at the gorgeous embers emitting from the flames.
"what are you thinking about?" Odahviing asked.
"nothing... Nothing." I replied, not taking my eyes off the embers.
"you're obviously thinking of something!" he replied, stirring the food in the mixing pot.
"odahviing please...." I started.
"y/n, please..." he imitated.
"ugh sometimes I really hate you, dragon!" I yelled.
"yeah well sometimes I really hate you! Y/r!"
"TAKE THAT BACK!!" I shouted.
"You take that back!" odahviing yelled.
"grr!!!! Leave me alone!!!" I ran upstairs and slammed my door shut hard and laid on my bed.
A couple hours later, I heard a knock on my door.
"I said leave me alone!" I shouted.
"you're not hungry?" odahviing's rough yet soothing voice bled through the door. I didn't respond, just in deep thought.
"okay come in" I said. My door opened and I saw odahviing.... He looked horrible. His cheeks were tear stained, his eyes were red and puffy. He had bags under his eyes. His hair was a mess. Was he that concerned and upset with me?
"odahviing ...what happened?" I asked the redhead.
"it's nothing to worry about." he handed me my food and sat on my bed.
"how can I not worry about you!? You look like you were just in a fight with... Something that does that!" I responded in a worried tone.
"I told you, I'm okay. Don't worry."
"odahviing! I.... I...." I stopped and took a bite of my goat soup. Odahviing was about to leave, but I took hold of his wrist. He looked at me.
"what..." he whispered.
"tell me what happened... Please?" I asked. He sighed and nodded.
"okay, okay. When you slammed your door shut on me, I thought you... Just completely full on hated my guts. I.. Should have known better." he admitted with a sigh. I hugged him tightly, my soup spilling on the bed, the bowl falling to the floor. He hugged me back and snuggled into my neck.
"I'm sorry... I was... I was angry.....I didn't know...." I said. I felt like crying and he rubbed my back.
"it's okay... It's okay.. I forgive you.... Shhhhh ....shhh ...." he calmed me down and kissed my cheek. "....I'm not crying because of that! I'm crying because I spilled my soup!!!" I cried. Odahviing dropped me and glared.
"sigh, yep, and I'm gonna go back downstairs and ignore you for the rest of the day....." he said and left.
"No!!! Odahviing!!!! Nooooo!!!!" I cried out.
"You did this to yourself, Y/n!" he said.
"odahviing!!!!"
"sigh fine come here you big cry baby..." I ran into his arms and he pecked my lips. And hugged me tightly.
"I love you, cry baby."
"I love you too, dramatic dragon."
I ate some bread and fell asleep in odahviing's arms. He carried me to the room and snuggled me until he too, fell asleep.

643 words!