When?

Have you ever wondered Why?

...Why the wind, which only moments ago wafted the heavy scent of the blossoms towards me, suddenly stilled its presence. Or Why it forced the fragrance to mellow to a soft undertone the moment I stumbled upon you?
...Or why the trees in the Grove throw their petals in every direction but somehow they all miss falling on you yet here I am covered in them?
...Or Why I find myself sitting across the way, lost in the vision of your loveliness. And why such precious moments such as this are what gives me a reason to rise each morning?

Have you ever wondered How?

...How often as a child I used to dream under a night sky, and How I thought that every star in every Heaven shone brilliantly just for me?
...Or How many times I have caught you losing yourself to the same endless and boundless energies that sweep the Heavens, and I wonder. How could they possibly exist without you?
...Or How could a star as brilliant as a thousand suns, possibly compare to the vision of a soft smile that briefly touches your lips and makes me want to weep?

Have you ever wondered Where?

...Where did you go to put that soft smile on your face. Have your dreams taken you to a place where only you and I exist?
...Or Where is such a dream that takes you far away and leaves me desperately wanting to follow?
...Or Where can I find the courage to wake you from a peaceful slumber, because a selfish desire that is steadily growing, needs to feel that smile pressed upon my own lips?

Have you ever wondered What?

...What will our children write of us in years to come? Will they know that I sat here and watched you slumber because nothing else was more important to me than this very moment?
...Or What dreams will they create when they read of the dreams that we created? Dreams that began with the first smile that ever touched me enough to want to see it again?
...Or What Dreams are left for them to fulfil, when we have lived them all. Or will they too seek the same soft smile from a bright star that burns as brilliant as a thousand suns under the same night sky?

My Dear. There is only one answer to every single one of these questions. It is as soft as the evening breeze that moves a strand of your hair seeking only to capture a falling petal and as gentle as the glow of the moon that seeks only to know the smile that I am blessed with daily.

The answer is When?

...When fate moves the wind that takes a single petal and throws it under the moonlight, did you know that the reflection dances across her lips and draws them up to create a smile more brilliant than ten thousand suns sharing the same night sky that I had once dreamed was solely for me?

By moosesforgooses ©