Her boyfriend's best friend

"I thought you were my friend" he said loud enough for the two people who's currently laughing and walking, clinging onto each other in front of him, taking their attention from each other, to him.

The two blue-eyed teenagers stopped whatever they're doing and turned around to see who's talking to them. The voice that is just too familiar for both of them to forget. Elsa feels like she couldn't breathe for a moment, like air being knocked out of her, as she sees who's talking behind them.

She couldn't believe she would be seeing him again, especially now when she's clinging herself to her new man.

Jack widened his eyes as he realized who's talking to them. It was Tadashi, his former friend. And Elsa's ex boyfriend.

Jack was Tadashi's friend along with Hiccup back when they're still in college, before he graduated first leaving Tadashi and Hiccup. He knew about their past relationship, he knew how they used to be together as a couple. And he knew about what Tadashi did; leaving her.

Jack wasn't planning on falling in love with Elsa as he knows that she's his friend's ex girlfriend. But he accidentally met her and became friends that soon lead to a romantic feelings. It happens so fast that it took him off guard. And he's not regretting his decision.

"Jack, lets go" Elsa said pulling his hand towards the other direction. Not wanting to see his face anymore. After almost seven months she hasn't seen him, He hurts her just enough to make her loathe the guy. People on the street starts giving them a look since they're in the middle of a busy pavement.

"I am your friend" Jack said making Elsa stop and look at them.

"So this is what you're doing behind my back?" Tadashi said. You could hear his voice cracked a bit, as if he's about to shed a tear. Jack hadn't move a muscle.

"You guys know each other?" Elsa was taken off guard. Tadashi never mentions anything about his friends especially Jack.

"How could you do that to your friend" Tadashi said. Both him and Jack ignored Elsa's statement.

"How could you do that to her Tadashi? How?" Jack said almost yelling at him. Elsa had to calm him down by touching his arm to prevent him from getting out of control. "You said it yourself. You're going to leave her" Jack said.

-flashback-

"I'm going away, out of the country" Tadashi said taking both boys attention

"In what occasion?" Jack who's on his left ask.

"Father said one of his friend would give me a position at their company, so i need to go" He continued.

"For how long you'd be there exactly?" Hiccup asked. They're just chilling together at Hiccup's cafe.

Tadashi suddenly called them both to have a word, they don't hand out that much since everyone's busy now that they're all graduated. But Jack visited Hiccup quite often since they're so close. Jack likes to come by at his cafe before going to work.

"I don't know the exact period, maybe two years"  Tadashi said.

"What about your girl?" Jack asked all of the sudden making Tadashi look up from his drink "you're not the type of person who does long distance relationships" He continued

"I don't know, I'm not thinking about her at the moment. I need this position, and she's not really important." Tadashi said. "In fact, I'm losing feelings"

Jack and Hiccup widened their eyes, they've been together for almost two years, never once the thought of him leaving her crossed their minds.