8. Dear Fellow Traveler

Lexa's P.O.V.
Brought to you by a trash panda

Getting Arlin to come with me was not an easy task, she resisted me in what seemed like every way possible. But when I somewhat reluctantly offered to let her see her horse, I still found it odd how much she loved it, she finally agreed. Now I was standing on a balcony with her, the whole of Polis and all of its people in view. "Our people need you Arlin and time is not a luxury that we can afford. War is brewing," I turned to face her and I could see how deep in thought she was. She had said that she would fight, but she obviously hadn't meant it; was she changing her mind? "Alright. Seeing as you haven't given me much of a choice I'll help you but don't think of this the wrong way. I'm not another one of your soldiers that you get to order around, even though I'm your prisoner,"

I felt a bit bad that I was forcing her into doing something she clearly didn't want to do, but emotions were weakness and all that mattered now was the safety of my people. "I am glad you have come to see that joining me is what is best for our people-" "Your people," I ignored her, "I have duties to atend to for the rest of the day but tomorrow I will debrief you in detail on our situation with the Ice Nation," I waved my hand and a guard walked over, I turned to him and spoke in English, "Take her back to her room, I will see that her daily needs are met," He nodded and grabbed her arm but she jerked away from him. "I can walk just fine," She turned on her heel and walked away with the guard trailing behind her. Tomorrow was not something I was looking forward to.

Arlin's P.O.V.
Brought to you by a trash panda

I was back in my room now and flopped down on the bed. The more I saw the Commander and talked with her the angrier I got but now I felt like I had no choice but to do what she wanted me to. Sure, I acted defiant and disrespectful but honestly, I was terrified that she was going to decide that I wasn't worth using and she would just kill me. It's not like she hadn't killed for less before, or at least that was what I had heard. But now that had actually agreed to fight, what was she going to do next? There was the political side and where the two sides stood at the moment but that was just talking, I wasn't worried about that. I wasn't exactly scared to use my power, it had never not worked before but what if I couldn't do what she wanted? But the worst part was the potential fight training. I knew how to fight, that wasn't the issue it was what could potentially happen that scared me. What if she found out I was a nightblood?

There was a chance she knew about it already but wouldn't she have killed me or at least said something about it by now? But she hadn't so she must not know...yet. There was no way I was going to tell her, not if I wanted to live. But if she thought I didn't know how to fight and began training me for battle or just training in general then that meant injuries and injuries meant blood and blood meant I would be found out. I sat up and sighed, putting my head in my hands. Why couldn't I have just been left alone? I'd been on my own since I ran away when I was nine, now I was eighteen meaning I'd been alone for nine years. Double the age I was when I ran away. Life hadn't been perfect, far from it actually but I would take a life away from other humans with only animals over being kept a prisoner in Polis any day. Honestly, I didn't understand why other people wouldn't do the same. Living in a city or even a village, like I had when I was little was so confining. Living in the forest alone was freeing but not everyone was like me, no one was really, except for most animals. But whatever, that didn't matter now. All that mattered was trying anything and everything to stay alive, even if that meant doing things that nearly every part of me screamed not to do. Life was about surviving now, even if I knew I deserved better than that. (Sobs next to my Clexa shrine in my closet)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Sorry for the short chapter everyone, but happy Easter!

Sorry for the wait also. I have been having really bad writer's block for some reason and for a while no matter how hard I tried everything I wrote was really bad. I've also been pretty depressed lately. (not like that's abnormal :') )

Happy reading!

P.S: I won't be watching season 6 live this year as I really don't like it for a couple reasons (Feel free to ask if you want to know. But I'm really only a fan of seasons 1-4 now.) so please, no spoilers!

P.P.S: It's my birthday on the 24th!