10. Something About You Is Changing Me

Please forgive me! Action/fighting scenes are pretty hard for me for some reason so I chose to skip the fight scene altogether. Angst is more my specialty and don't worry, you guys will get plenty of it...eventually. If yall have any tips on how to write these types of scenes please comment them or send me a message! I would greatly appreciate it!

<><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><>

Arlin's P.O.V.
Brought to you by a talking horse

I fell to the ground, creating a cloud of dust as the tip of the Commander's practice sword pressed against my throat. She had defeated me, which was, of course, no surprise, but I was proud of how long I had lasted against her. We had both worked up a sweat and she certainly didn't look as pretty as she did when we started, but I was sure I don't look any better. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in when she moved the sword away from my neck and extended a hand in an offer to help me up. I ignored the gesture and picked myself up with confidence I didn't know I had. If this had offended her, she showed no sign of it. "You have considerable talent with a blade Arlin," She said as I set the wooden daggers she had given me aside. "Whoever it was that taught you these skills knew what they were doing," I made no sound, giving only a curt nod to acknowledge the fact that I had heard her. Heda dismissed the woman who had watched us and as she did so I checked myself for cuts. Finding that I had none, I was glad that the secret of my blood type and color had not been revealed. I looked back to the Commander and she gestured for me to follow her.

For the rest of the afternoon, she let me watch as she trained her students, young nightbloods I remembered they were. Knowing this made me think, if I was their age would this have been my life if my parents hadn't hidden me as a child? I shook my head, banishing the 'what if?'s to the back of my mind. I didn't need thoughts bothering me, not when I was in the situation that I was in. But as I sat there, watching curiously, different thoughts entered my head and suddenly I found myself focusing on the woman that I was trying so hard to convince myself I hated. I mean, I did hate her to an extent but now I was beginning to see her in another, different light. One where something about her was changing my heart in a way I didn't understand or know how to explain. I didn't know how to react to the strange feelings that were making themselves known. But what I did know was that this wasn't something that I was going to be able to ignore, not like I had done with so many of my other feelings and because of this I now felt even more lost than I already had.

Lexa's P.O.V.
Brought to you by a trash panda

"Arlin?" She shook her head and looked up at me. "Sorry, yes?" I masked my surprise at her politeness, "We should be heading back to Polis now," "Just...just the two of us?" She asked, glancing around with a puzzled look on her face. "Sha, (yes) I've already sent back my students and guards. Though I suppose we will not be that far behind them," Which when I thought about it was probably the only reason Indra had agreed to leave. She nodded and stood up, brushing herself off. "Alright," I grabbed my things before she and I walked back in silence, the light of the setting sun and the path through the forest as our only guide. Occasionally I would glance over at her and try not to trip over my own feet as I marveled at the way the orange and yellow hues of the sun and sky reflected in her hair and lit up her skin. I shamed myself for doing so but no matter how hard I tried to overt my eyes I found myself coming back to her but thankfully she didn't seem to notice. The woman I was walking beside frustrated me more than anything or anyone in my life ever had and yet I found myself attracted to her, and I hated myself for it. But I reminded myself that being attracted to her meant nothing, I didn't have any feelings for her and knew that I never would.

<><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><>

Hey everyone!

So sorry for not posting last month and the kind of short chapter this month. Starting my senior year of school has been crazy plus I've been dealing with pretty bad writers block, my anxiety being worse as of late and the unexpected death of a family member. But we're finally getting into the 'good' stuff! And I feel like you guys might start getting a taste of my 'better' writing as these first few chapters have been pretty rough and kind of boring. Hopefully, things will begin to be how I want them to as well as be more interesting and a smoother read for you guys.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble.
Happy reading!

P.S:
I've started a new book/fanfiction! (Another reason I've been gone haha) If you enjoy Marvel, especially the character Bucky Barnes, then I would really appreciate it if you checked it out. No pressure though!