9. Ready To Start The Conquest

*** means there's a footnote to refer to located at the very end of this update.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Lexa's P.O.V.
Brought to you by a trash panda

"As you may know, the other clans have always had a problem with Azgeda but their hunger for power and need to rule has only become more and more evident in recent years and as their population has grown increasingly large. You may also know that before they joined the coalition, Azgeda was at war with the rest of the clans. Now they have decided to re-embrace their former views; that they are superior," I looked up from the table covered in maps of the region at Arlin only to see her eyes glossed over. I knew in an instant that she had not been listening to a single thing I had been saying. I cleared my throat and she snapped back to the present but didn't say anything. Communication skills were one of the many things that her life alone had deprived her of. "The remaining 11 clans have come together and will be ready when they attack. However, not all of them have the strength or numbers to join the fight so that is where you come in. With your powers I hope to increase our numbers and therefore increase our chances of winning." She just nodded and I sighed internally. "How much do you know about fighting? Do you think you are capable of surviving a battle based on your skill level?" "I had someone that lived with me for a while that taught me how to fight. I can handle myself," I had no idea that she had lived with another person in recent years but continued. "I will be the judge of that. I have a group of young nightbloods that I am training, we are practicing fighting tomorrow so I will test your skills there. You will also need to learn English, the warrior language from before Primefiya," She did something that shocked me next.

"I can speak and understand it just fine," She said in correct pronunciation. Did this mean that the entire time I spoke in front of her, thinking that she couldn't understand me, she had understood perfectly? Seeming to know what I was thinking she said, "I've known what you've been saying this whole time," I mentally cursed myself for not checking if she knew English the very moment I met her. But what was done was done and I had to deal with the consequences of what I had failed to do. "Very well, I will see you in the morning," I nodded at one of the guards assigned to her and he grabbed her arm to lead her out of the room. As he did so she yanked it away before he got the chance to touch her. "I can walk just fine by myself," She sneered at him as they walked out of my sight. This girl was just like an unbroken horse, and it was begining to look like I was the only one with the power to tame her.

...

The rest of the day flew by and before I knew it, the next morning had arrived. I stood to the side, watching attentively as my students sparred with each other. Though they were good fighters, they were far from battle ready, not to mention their conclave. But hopefully they wouldn't need to fight one another to the death for a long, long time. Arlin had yet to arrive which was beneficial on my part as I had yet to decide who she would be fighting. Between the young nightbloods and myself, I should have been the obvious choice as we were fairly evenly matched.*** But as I did not know her skill level wouldn't it be better to place her with one of my higher level students like Aden? I shook my head, I still could not decide so I chose to wait until she arrived to make my final decision. It took her a while to do so, which I attibuted to the fact that she had to be given the proper clothing for sparring as she had none. I had given Indra something of mine that I had never worn to give to her. No one knew that they were mine, they were just random clothes to everyone else, but I smirked internally at the thought of her wearing something that belonged to me. I shook my head, the sound of my hair beads clinking (Yes they do that, I have recently learned from personal experience) desturbing my peace as I cleared my thoughts.

When she did arrive, I dared to admit to myself that she looked good, but nothing more. Making the decision to fight her myself, I left Titus in charge and led her to an area away from where the young natblidas practiced as to not distract them and so I could focus on the task I had presented myself with. Indra joined us before we began, as an observer and to hopefully notice things about her that I may miss while busy fighting. Holding onto my own practice sword, I asked what type of weapon she preferred to use. Scanning her suroundings she replyed, "I assume you mean in hand-to-hand combat, which in that case I usually use two daggers but if on horseback I usually just use my sword," I nodded, handing her two practice knives as I readied myself on the opposite end of the sand ring on the ground. "Good luck," She smirked, "Thanks, but I don't think I'll need it."

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Sorry for the long wait, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter! (fyi this is July's chapter) It took me a bit as I got a fair amount done while on vacation but then Wattpad glitched and I had to rewrite it.

Please don't be afraid to leave a comment or a vote! I really appreciate all of them.

Happy reading!

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

***For the sake of this book we're going to pretend that Lexa isn't as short and slim as Alycia is and say that she's more like 5'10 (my height haha) and muscular but still maintaining a feminine figure with Arlin being a tiny bit shorter but with the same body type. (For those of you who are creeps Lexa's bust size would stay the same aka on the smaller side) I'll try and publish a character bio sheet and some drawings of mine for Arlin eventually. This is more of a personal preference because of how tall I am and because for some reason I feel weird writing short characters even if they're 5'7. (No offense to those of you who are vertically challenged) Like that just seems so short to me for some reason even though I know it's absolutely not. But everything in my life is tall af because my mom and I are 5'10 and my dad is 6'4 (my sister is 5'7 and I tell her she's short all the time) so that's probobly part of it but whatever. (Sorry for the rant)