「ONE」

Untangling his hair that had frustratingly enmeshed itself in the intricate, round loops dangling from his earlobe, Jeongguk softly let out a curse — softly being the keyword here, since he was in public, walking down the footpath that'd lead to a...

Untangling his hair that had frustratingly enmeshed itself in the intricate, round loops dangling from his earlobe, Jeongguk softly let out a curse — softly being the keyword here, since he was in public, walking down the footpath that'd lead to a corner which, in turn, would lead to a new road that he was supposed to follow to reach his destination.

The swear words that toppled swiftly off of his tongue were directed more to his hair than any random person around him on the street, and Jeongguk really wanted to let people know since they were giving him some very offended, long side-glances, but—right now—his hands were just itching for a pair of scissors he could cut his longass hair with.

Yugyeom had told him that he'd regret his decision of growing his hair out, but Jeongguk had been going through a phase of rebellion and hadn't listened to his friend of more than a decade.

After so many years of knowing each other, Yugyeom was pretty much the male equivalent of his mom, and everyone knew what happened when people didn't listen to their mothers.

And so, Jeongguk was regretting his life decisions.

Moving forward, he had even decided to slightly curl his dark locks into soft waves that would fall around his face, framing it, just to rub it in Yugyeom's face.

Badass, right?

Yeah, that was what Jeongguk had thought, too, but now, here he was—constantly flicking his hair out of his line of sight, tickling and rubbing his eyes fervently whenever the tip of a single strand would poke his eyeball.

Believe him, it was not a good look on him. Half of the people around him thought that he had conjunctivitis or some shit; even his landlord did when he was being shown around the apartment.

Jeongguk almost didn't get the lease due to the fear of a pink-eye endemic breaking out in their locality.

On top of his hair being a pain in the ass so early in the morning, Jeongguk had also forgotten his headband at his apartment. And the weather wasn't letting up, too, as warm summer breeze periodically blew his hair back into his face from where he'd tuck it behind his ears.

The day had just started, and Jeongguk was done with it already, having seen enough.

When he had initially woken up today and had stumbled into the bathroom back at his apartment, he had genuinely believed that today held something good for him. He was vehemently positive of it once he had gotten into the shower and had heard music buzzing in through the window, instantly knowing that his neighbour was taking a shower, too—or, was at least in his bathroom.