Chapter 1

"Hide behind this dumpster, and if I won't come back, go with Jack and Riley! I will get you out here" I heard him screaming in my ear, trying to predominate the gun shots "I can't stay here without you. How should I live without you? If you die, I will die with you!" He placed a gentle, but loving kiss on my forehead before he started running away, building something out of a old plastic bottle and a bullet. Just then I heard a loud boom and his screams.

12 months earlier

"How was your stay in LA?" the nice receptionist asked me this question as the third one today. And my answer was the same one "It was cool. Today I fly back to Cambridge to start my research at MIT."Finally, the girl let go of me and I was able to explore the city one
last time. My dear hometown. After visiting a few old friends and the cemetery, to visit my parents and my sister, I sat down in a nice little coffee shop. "Is this seat already taken?" I haven't heard him coming in and I was surprised when I saw a blond, blue eyed man standing in front of me. "Yes, I mean no, I mean of course you can sit here" Oh girl... If he was interested in you before, you must have scared him off by now. But he sat down and smiled at me "Hey, my name's Angus MacGyver, but everyone calls me Mac." "Hi. I'm Lucy Brown, nice to meet you." His blue eyes focused on my t-shirt. Why do I have to wear this old thing when I finally meet a boy? "You are at MIT?"Yup, I am. I studied Engineering and I'll start my research for NASA there. What are you doing all day long?" Hopefully he isn't thinking that I'm a completely nerd. Although I am one, I also like parties and dangerous stuff. But he answered something unexpected "I was there too, studying also Engineering... What I am doing now? Working at the Phoenix Foundation, a think tank here in LA. Doing a little of this, a little of that." So he is also a Geek... And hot... Oh man, Lucy! He is definitely out of your range.
Just then I heard gun shots. Many of them. I really hoped that I wouldn't hear them for I while, but that would probably never happen. Everyone was screaming, just Mac stayed cool and watched me with observant eyes. "Mac, get down! You are a target for shooters if you stand there!" I rushed to the bar to grab some stuff I would need to build a bomb. Mac rushed  next to me and pulled a Swiss Army knife out his pocket. It looked just like mine. He was also grabbing stuff and it looked like he wanted to do the same thing. ""Hey Mac. I know that's not the right time to say this, but why don't you use this aluminum foil instead of the wrapping paper? The foil would have a bigger thermostatic reaction with the chlorine-" He looked really surprised but finished my sentence with "then the wrapping paper with the ammonia. By the way, why do you know what I was going to do?" "No time for this now, just let's survive this. That would be cool." "Super cool..."

———————————————————————————
Author's note:

Hey guys!
Thanks for reading this story, I hope you enjoyed it.
If there is any spelling mistake, please let me know and I'll change it. If you liked this part, please vote and maybe even add this book to your library. Thanks!

Sophie Greater