Love Is Blind

"Jeong unnie, nice fit!" my small bestfriend screamed as soon as I entered school.

Today was Monday, an ordinary Monday at Gimje Mixed-High, the only school in Korea with both girl and boy students.

"But don't you think you'll get scolded? I mean, pants are only for boys." she whispered as if no one could just look at me and find out that I was, once again, breaking dress code.

"Chaeyoung-ah, do you think I care? We can wear whatever we want. Besides, skirts and dresses are really uncomfortable." I replied, showing off my new outfit while smirking at teachers who passed by and threw disapproving glances at me.

I never understood why women don't have rights whatsoever. I always look at my mom and dad and wonder: Why can he do whatever he wants, literally anything his hard desires, while my mother will get bashed for even breathing?

Society is trash, that's why I go against it.

"Where is Jihyo?" I burged in the auditorium where my huge group of friends hang out at. Chaeyoung slowly followed beside me, not approving of the rest of my friends.

"She's skipping first period with Momo to get the supplies and find us a drive to Byeokgolje, jipyeongseon is soon after all." Kim Dahyun, the vice president of the school body, smirked and crossed her legs that were barely covered by her mini-skirt.

People found it weird that the vice president was a girl, especially a 'freak', as they would often say about us. But Dahyun had quite the reputation in school and out of it as she was the president's girlfriend.

"Are you coming, unnie?" Tzuyu butted in, lighting her cigarette "Jipyeongseon is huge, hundreds and thousands of people will be there. Finally people will view our masterpieces!" the taller said, implying the graffiti we had agreed on doing all around town. It was about time someone took us seriously.

(A/N: 'jipyeongseon' is the horizon festival which is held at Byeokgolje area in Gimje)

"I don't know Tzu, my dad's gonna be all up in my ass if I do."

"Don't be a party pooper Jeong, everyone is going to be there!" Mina whined while arm wrestling with BamBam.

"C'mon doll, we are all going!" Chanwoo teased, making me smack his face hard. He shrieked, throwing his body back against the chairs dramatically.

"Whatever, I'll just sneak out or something..." I smirked "How we going?" I asked and Junsu scoffed.

"You got a motorcycle why do you even care?"

"Shut your mouth shithead, I worked hard for my baby." I hissed, eyes piercing into Junsu's. I get really defensive once it comes to my bike, I had to work two years at my family's store to get it "And y'all never gonna touch her with your filthy, sausage looking fingers."

"Calm your tits Jeongie, we're all going with Mark's truck." Sana giggled slightly, stealing Tzuyu's cigarette.

"Hey small one, are you coming?" Mina asked, pushing BamBam off the stage where they were previously sitting. She brushed her bangs off her face and rolled her eyes when the man started whining from the floor.

"Who, me?" Chaeyoung asked and pointed at herself. She clearly didn't want to be a part of our 'games' as she called them. "No, I would rather not get myself in trouble for something idiotic." she spat, making the whole auditorium groan.

"You're friends with one of them, Yoo?" Manseok shouted from the back of the room, where he was lying his body on the chairs, discussing with Jackson about some sort of royal family that recently moved to our town.

"She's not one of them!" I retorted and rolled my eyes "She's just a nerd."

'Them' was everyone that was stupid enough to believe what the government and police said; that us, fighters for a equality and fair treatment, are dangerous for the community and should be banded, put to jail, tortured. 'Them' were every single person who went against us and would call us freaks, call the cops on us.

"Unnie!" Chaeyoung whined, slightly punching my arm and pouting. I hate it when she acts like this.

Soon, the bell rang, indicating the start of the first period, which meant I got some time to finally rest. I was too busy traveling to Seoul every two days to protest and haven't slept in ages. I always catch the most perfect z's at class.

"Gotta run to history, guys. See you around!" I said as I dragged Chaeyoung out of the auditorium with me, forcing her eyes away from my friends.

"You know, I don't like them. Your friends. They're a bad influence," she spoke and I glared at her "Okay, I'm sorry. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't. And oh, now that I'm reminded, you should come with us tonight. We need your help," I said "Tell your parents you'll be tutoring me at the park or something. We're gonna crash at mine's."

"In the middle of the night?!" she shouted, nearly losing her shit "There is no way, Yoo Jeongyeon!"

"Come on~" I sang out playfully, nudging her shoulder "Mina will be there."

"Why would I care if she will be there?" Chaeyoung replied, pretending to be pissed at me and walked faster, hurrying to get into class.

"I've seen how you look at her, Chaeyoung-ah" I replied wiggling my eyebrows.

"EW YOO JEONGYEON I SWEAR TO JESUS!" she hollered while her face turned red. Though I'm not sure it was because of anger "She is a girl what are you talking about?" the short girl lowered her voice, suspiciously looking around.

"Love is blind, dear Chaeyoung." I laughed and she whined, throwing my history textbook on my head and pushing me in class.

-kimwig