Chapter 6: Underwater Temple

3rd PoV

A few days after the fight with Licht

Y/n was examining his new grimoire while waiting for Yami, Asta, and Finral to return from the capital. The door is suddenly kicked open and the trio walk in.

Yami: "Listen up everyone, we got a mission, and this one is from the Wizard Emperor himself."

The Black Bulls gathered around Yami as he explains.

Yami: "We'll be going to the resort town of Raque, as off the coast there lies a temple on the floor of the ocean. Based on information gathered we believe a magic stone is located there. While we don't exactly know what these stones do, we do know the Eye of the Midnight sun is after them, so it's our job to get it before they do."

Yami dismisses everyone but stops Y/n before he leaves.

Yami: "Hold on kid."

Y/n: "Sir?"

Yami: "Turns out that annoying ham of a captain of the Purple Orca's was working with the Eye of the Midnight Sun, but that's not important,  you've been promoted to Intermediate knight 2nd class, so congrats or whatever."

Y/n: "Thank you sir!"

Yami: "Wasn't me who decided that, but that wasn't what I wanted to talk you about, got an offer for you kid."

Y/n: "What is it?"

Yami: "I'd like you to be the vice captain for the Black Bulls."

Y/n looks at Yami with a confused expression.

Y/n: "We don't have a Vice Captain? I've never noticed."

Yami: "Well the Black Bulls do have one, they are just busy with personal matters at the moment, if they ever returned then you'd be co-vice captains. So what's your answer kid?"

Y/n stands in silence for a few moments before answering.

Y/n: "I accept, I won't let you down sir!"

Yami: "I know. I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning to Raque to get some info on the underwater temple, you're coming with me."

Y/n: "Understood."

The next morning

Y/n was waiting in front of the hideout for Yami.

Y/n: "Man the sun isn't even out yet"

Yami finally walks out.

Yami: "Ready to go?"

Y/n: "Yeah"

Y/n and Yami get on their brooms and head off towards Raque. After an excruciatingly quiet trip they finally arrived.

Yami: "Try to find out any info you can on the temple, meet me at the town square around midday."

Y/n: "Got it."

Y/n looks around for a moment before pinching the bridge of his nose and sighing.

Y/n: "Just one problem, I have no idea where to start!"

A few hours later

Y/n had been asking people all over town about the temple, but everyone either didn't know or didn't say anything. Y/n was walking when he stopped in his tracks, he'd finally taken notice of the ocean and beach. Y/n took off his boots and took a step on the sand.

Y/n: "This is my first time ever seeing the ocean, it truly is beautiful."

Y/n closes his eyes and smiles. He suddenly hears something that catches his attention.