Cherish Thy Support - Eric

Written on March 11th, 2019

A story where Eric Derekson comes home exhausted and overworked. Luckily, the reader is there to support him.

Eric felt his fingers fumble across the door knob, palms sweaty. His dark hair was frizzled with stress creasing his brows. Eric's breaths were ragged, hands barely holding still enough to grip the handle. However, as he started to finally twist the knob, the door sprang open.

Eric slowly away from his feet to see Y/N standing there in the doorway. And for just a moment, they stared at each other, Eric shifting nervously. Until eventually, Eric was crashed into a soft hug. It took him a moment to realize that they were now holding onto him, but slowly he lifted his arms up and around their frame. He could feel his throat begin to lock up, held back tears springing into his eyes. They stood like that for a moment, taking the moment until Y/N slipped only a bit out of his arms.

Y/N looked up into his eyes, seeing the tears gleam off his eyes, and then pulled away. And for a moment, Eric panicked. Had he done something wrong? Was he too much of a burden? He knew he was too much! Until these preposterous thoughts slide away completely by the feeling of a hand intertwining with his. Eric was pulled into the small suburban house, where he was then led onto a soft couch.

At first, Y/N sat down and patted the cushion beside them. Eric shifted down onto the cushion, looking back downwards, hands fidgeting. However, as Y/N cupped his sun kissed cheeks, the fidgeting stop. Eric could feel the heat rise upon his face, and the blush only raised in shades as his face was laid upon their lap. Y/N glided his circle glasses off of his face and laid them across the coffee table. His dark brown eyes met their e/c and for a second he let go.

Tears shed down his cheeks, and the breaths he had been holding back came in gasps. Y/N  traced his features in a sense of comfort. Until they leaned down and left feathering kisses down his cheeks, soothing away his tears. Y/N continued kissing down his graceful cheekbones until they  came to the corner of Eric's lips. The two stared at each other for a moment, looking for any hint of hesitation. Until, surprisingly, Eric closed the distance between the two.

It felt like fireworks were going through his stomach, ignited butterflies that he had never felt before. And for a wonderful moment, everything felt like it was going to be alright. The kiss was gentle and sweet, like the two of them, showing all the love that had been held in for so long. The kiss felt like a flutter of warm sun rays laying over the skin. Eric smiled into the kiss, both feeling even more heat raise to their cheeks. As the two pulled away and looked each other in the eye, Eric couldn't help thinking about everything that had happened in the day before that led to this perfect moment.

Eric had finally took the reigns of his life. He had quit his job at the commercial department. Instead, he was now working towards being a composer. His love for music had never felt so free; Eric felt free. That was until his father decided to try and chain him back into his cage. The leaked pangs of guilt in Eric, words echoing his worries of not living up to his brothers. But he knew his brothers would have supported him, sure they were a bit rough at times, but before the accident, they always supported their little brother's passions. Nevertheless, his father's words ripped into him, never leaving his side for the rest of the day. Instead of everything being peaceful, a day to enjoy in the summer, learning more and more about musical theory, a dark cloud just seemed to swallow him whole; until now. Now, he laid here, cuddled up with the love of his life and he couldn't be happier. Knowing that they would support each other with everything they had.