Getting Ready for Dinner

•Alex's POV
~[3:30]~

I was just talking to Finn about baseball and stuff and then all of a sudden I hear a whole bunch of dings on my phone. "Is someone texting you or something," Finn asked. I said,"No it's just Instagram." I look down at my phone and see someone liked all my photos and they started following me. When I see who it is I dropped my phone on the grass. I stay frozen for a good 2 minutes I want to say.

Finn shakes me and waves his hand in front of me and that's when I became unfrozen. "What happened to you dude? You were frozen for like 2 minutes," Finn said. I look at him and say, "Layla just started following me and she also liked all my posts on Instagram!" "Really," Finn asked with a surprised expression. He then asked, "Has she always followed you? Or did she just start following you?" "She just started following me," I replied. I was so happy! My crush liked all my post AND started following me. Finn started to huff. "What's wrong," I ask. He said, "Why does everybody always like you?!?! Like I said earlier every time we have the same crush they always like you! Why can't they like me for once?!?!" "Hey, we don't even know if she likes me. She could just of found my account and started following me because she knows me from school," I said. He then realizes that that's probably why she followed me. He started to calm down. Thank god. "But i swear if Layla text you I am gonna faint," Finn said. I then heard my phone buzz again. "What now," Finn complained thinking that Layla liked my post or something. I said, "Someone texted me."

The next thing I see is Finn faint to the ground. Wow! He wasn't kidding about him fainting. My phone buzzes again. I look at it and see that Elena texted me. She said she in front of the school. So I text her back and start walking to the front. Then I realized Finn fainted on the floor. So I run back to him and shake him as hard as I can. He gets up but he still looks half asleep. "Hey buddy, so uh it turns out Layla DIDN'T text me. It was just Elena so you didn't have to faint and stuff. Anyways I have to go now see you later," I said. He replied, "Yeah whatever. Bye!" I waved to him and walked away.

~[TIME SKIP]~
~[They are at the apartment now]~
~[4:08 pm]~

"Why are you guys so late," my mom asked sounding worried. I roll my eyes and say, "Don't worry we were fine. I was just talking to Finn and I didn't realize the time." "Ya were fine mom," Elena said. My mom looked at us for a couple of seconds and said,"Fine your off the hook. But you two go get dressed into something nicer." "Why," Me and Elena asked. My mom said, "Because we are meeting up with the Lilian's for dinner and I want everyone to look nice." I thought for a second and realized Lilian was Layla's last name. But it couldn't have been her family. I decided to ask just it is her family. "Who are the Lilian's," I asked. "Oh there a family I met yesterday. I met them because the mother and I work together," My mom replied. That information didn't help at all so I asked one more question. "Do you know anything about the family itself," I asked knowing that will for sure tell me if it's her family or not. It took a couple of seconds for her to answer. She finally said, "Um... The mother has three kids. All girls. She's also divorced, so she's a single mother which was part of the reason why I wanted to get closer to her. And her oldest is named Layla. She's the same age as you Alex so 14 years and she also goes to your school so you might know her. She does cheerleading. Layla is also one of the sweetest girls I've ever met and she absolutely GORGEOUS! And her youngest are twins. Named Vivian and Charlotte. They are 8 years old and they do contortion. Vivian and Charlotte are the cutest little things I've ever met. And I that's all I know about them so far." By now I was panicking. I WAS GONNA SEE MY FRICKEN CRUSH TONIGHT! "Hello?! Papito are you okay," my mom says. I look up and say, "Uh...ya I'm fine. I'm gonna get dressed now." My mom was skeptical about my answer at first and I could tell. She gave me that look that said, Ya...sure...okay. I'm gonna pretend your telling the truth. We looked at each other for like 10 seconds which felt more like 10 hours. She then said, "Ok good. We're leaving in 2 hours!"