Is she Fake

•Layla's POV
~[6:10 pm]~

"We're almost there you guys," my mom yelled. I nod my head. By now my little sisters are sleeping and I'm just listening to my music. I put my headphones back and look out the window. I start to doze off when my mom stops the car. I look at her "Were here LayLay. Wake up your sisters." I start to shake my sisters. They finally wake up. Charlotte says, "Leave me alone!" "We're here at the restaurant Charlotte! Get up," I say. I look out the window and see a restaurant that I've never seen before. I look at my mom and say, "Hey mom! Where are we eating? I've never seen this place." She turns back to look at me and says, "Oh we're eating at a really fancy restaurant. It's really expensive so we never come here." "Then how come we're eating here today," I ask. "Because one of my close friends owns this restaurant and I just found that out last week," she replied. I nod my head. "Ok, come one. Let's go girls! I'm pretty sure their waiting for us inside," my mom said.

We all get out of the car. We walk up to the restaurant and the first thing I see is a family of 4 in the front of restaurant. My mom sees them too and runs up to the family and the mother of the other family runs up to my mom. They instantly hug each other and start talking. I walk up to my mom and see it's the women we met a couple days ago at my mom's work. I then remember her name was Penelope. "Hi Layla, Vivian, and Charlotte! It's so nice to see you guys again," Penelope says. I smile at her and say, "It's nice to see you again too Penelope."

Penelope waves for her family to come over. Her family comes over and the first person I saw was Alex. When her family comes over they all wave to us and say 'hi' or 'hey'. My family does the same. "Why don't you guys introduce yourself," my mom says. I look at her with a Do I have to expression on my face. She nods her head and nudges me to say something. "Um...my name is Layla! I do cheerleading and I think I go to your guys school," I say as I'm pointing to Alex and the girl next to him which I'm guessing is his sister. Alex said, "I'm Alex. I do baseball and we do go to the same school. We have like most of our classes together." "Oh," I say. He says, "Ya." We stood there in awkward silence for a couple seconds until his sister spoke up. She said, "Hi! My names Elena! And I'm not exactly one of those girls at who likes to wear makeup or buy pretty clothes or do cheerleading. In fact I don't even care about what people think of me. So, don't come over here and start talking to me about pretty makeup and stuff or else I'll do-" "Elena! Stop talking before you insult her," Penelope said. I look at her and laugh. I say, "It's totally fine! I mean everyone's different. Not everyone likes cheerleading or makeup or small skirts or stuff like that. If that's her opinion that's her opinion and it wouldn't be right for me to be mad about that because she's not me." Everyone looks at me. It's get awkward again. My mom then speaks up and says, "So.....Are we gonna eat now or stay outside all night?" We all laugh and nod our heads.

~[Time skip to after dinner]~
~[7:30 pm]~

•Alex's POV

After dinner we all said our goodbyes to each other and we went to our cars. As I was walking to the car I hear footsteps running towards me. I turn around and see it's Layla. "Hey Alex! Wait! Come over here," Layla calls. I say, "What's up?" She takes out her phone and says, "Let's swap numbers. I really liked hanging out with you today and I thought it would be fun to hangout with you again. Your really cool dude." I stare at her. Why would she want my number? I guess I was staring at her for a while cause she kept on waving her hand in front me. "Hello? Earth to Alex! Are you okay," Layla said. That's when I snapped back to reality and said, "Huh? Oh ya I'm fine. Um here's my phone. You can put your number in there." She grabbed my phone and typed in her number. She gave me back my phone and said, "I'll text you soon." She smiled then walked away. I stood there looking like an idiot staring at the girl I loved the most. I mean scratch that liked. The girl I LIKED the most. Not love. Definitely not love! I go back to our car and sit down.

"Papito what took you so long," my mom asked. Abulita says, "Oh shut up Lupe! He was getting that Layla girls number!" My mom scoffs and rolls her eyes and says, "And your not bothered that she's not Cuban!" My mom practically yells. "Why are you so mad mom? It's just a girls number. And besides you know her. You know she's really nice and stuff. So I don't understand why your getting so upset. And since when do you care if the girls I talk to are Cuban," I say. My mom sighs and says, "Because she seems fake. She seems like the type when you first meet her she is this little perfect girl that everyone loves but when you get to know she is this little devil from hell! I just don't want you to be heartbroken when she breaks up with you because she either cheated on you or she used you or something like that." "It's fine mom. You don't know her-" "You don't know her either," Elena said. I rolled my eyes and continued with my sentence. "Anyways, I'm gonna be okay. And who knows we might not even date. So there is no need to worry."

My mom took a deep breath and said, "Okay Alex. But be careful with liking her. Because a girl like her who does cheerleading and is extremely gorgeous. A lot of guys may like her so don't get your hopes up because she might not like you back and your gonna be left heartbroken over that girl. And your gonna be all depressed and stuff. And if your wondering how I know this is because the same thing happened to me." "Tell is the story mom," Elena said.

"There was this guy. He was the most popular guy in high school. He always talked to me, hung out with me, call me, and stuff like that. I thought he liked me. I really thought he did. Then prom came around. And I was for sure he was gonna ask me to be his prom date. So when I saw him that day he was holding a poster that said Will you go to prom with me?! I looked at it and smiled. But then I realized it was for someone else. I looked at the bottom of the poster and it said Sophia. After that I was heartbroken. I was depressed for a couple weeks but then I realized it was stupid to cry over a boy," my mom said about to break out into tears. I was thinking and thinking about the name Sophia. And then I realized that was Layla's mom's name. I look at my mom and say, "Sophia as in Sophia Lilian as in Layla's mom or is it a different Sophia?" My mom nods her head and says, "Sophia Lilian. Layla's mom. And the guy was named Josh. Josh Lilian. Layla's dad." I think, Wow! What a small world! "We're home you guys," my mom says.

We all get out of the car and head inside the house. When I got inside the apartment I asked my mom, "How did you know I liked Layla?" She went wide eyed and said, "Um.... You just made it so obvious you liked her." After she said that she laughed sounding nervous. I thought for a couple of seconds and realized something. "Elena told you," I said with, It was so obvious, tone. My mom just nervous laughs again and says, "N-n-no! She didn't tell me." I looked at her this time with a, I know your lying so just give up now, expression on my face. My mom through her hands up and said, "Fine! Elena told me! She also told abulita and Schneider!" "ELENA," I yell. She comes out of her room and says, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I just couldn't keep it to myself!" I face palmed myself. "I'm going to my room. Goodnight everyone," I said. "Aren't you gonna give me a hug before you go to bed," my mom yelled out. "No," I yelled back.

When I got to my room I laid down on my bed staring at the ceiling. What if my mom's right about Layla? What if she's fake and she's not actually nice? What if she breaks my heart? All these questions were going through my mind. And all were about Layla. "Ugh! I'm gonna go to sleep before I get a headache," I said to myself. So, I got ready for bed. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, put on my sleeping clothes, and went to bed. My eyes started to feel heavy and then the next thing I know. I fall asleep.