Um Gar Bear?

Garrett's POV

I wish I could find my old best friend Bella... I lost her one day when her damn mother took her away and moved her away from Phoenix. Yeah I know a vampire in a city full of sun, well I only came out at night, so I was good. Anyways, how do I a simple vampire know a beautiful brunette beauty such as Bella? Ahh well that takes me back to that fateful night I first laid my eyes on her.

(FLASHBACK)

As I am walking down the beach at night without any shoes on just feeling the sand between my toes, I suddenly hear a high pitched scream. And against my better judgement, and as fast as I can run without causing any suspicions to myself, I race towards the noise to a abandoned alley and find a group of 5 men who all look like they are in their late 20's surrounding a girl. One of the guys turn to me and say, "Sorry Buddy, this one is our plaything, get your own." I just raise a eyebrow at him and look at the rest and smirk. "Oh really now? Well the thing is I don't think the little lady here, would like that very much." And as I turn to the girl, I look into her eyes and all of the sudden my reason for living becomes clear, I HAVE, No, I MUST with everything in my dead beating heart protect her at all cost, or else my life would be over before I could even try to get it back. "Darlin, would you like to go with these err Gentleman, or would you rather come with me?" I ask her in my panty dropping accent. She just looks at me wide eyed for a second and then smiles and says, "Cowboy, I believe I better come with you. I would hate to keep these Gentlemen any longer, and of course I offer my apologies to them for almost ruining their evening." I being the smart ass I am, chuckle and look at the men threateningly and say, "If I ever catch you looking at this woman or any other woman in this town the way you were looking at her earlier tonight, I will make sure you will never be able to see another woman or man or anything ever again. Am I clear?" They all look at one another and gulp and nod their heads once and run away, and I swear to this day one peed his pants! Ha, humans I swear. And after I watch them run away to make sure they won't hurt the precious human that has captured my interest, I turn to said human and chuckle, "Well, what do I do with you now? I suppose I should take you home to your family, I mean they have to be worried about you. I would be." And she just looked at me and smiled, "Not really, at least not here, my mom and step-dad don't even notice I'm gone. My mom is too busy being a kid at heart and my poor step-dad has his hands full with her. So basically I look after myself, and I am only 18. Hell when I was 10, I had to get odd jobs around the neighborhood just so I could pay for our rent and food. My mom was to busy being a hippie and chasing her way too many boyfriends. Wait why am I telling you my life story? I'm sure you don't want to hear about it. Its dull and boring." I chuckled at this statement and look at her, "Darlin, I find whatever you have to say fascinating, so please keep talking. I have no issue with it." She just looked at me as if I just said I won the lottery and shook her head. "Why though? My life is boring and so is this town. Hell your the newest piece of news I have seen in this town in a couple of months. So yeah there really isn't much to tell." I smile and chuckle and runs my fingers through my hair, "Well, how about a name for starters?" She blushes and replies, "Oh! I'm Isabella Swan, but I prefer Bella. How about you?" I smile and take her hand and kiss it, "Garrett Whitlock Ma'am, at your service." And that ladies and gentleman, is how I, Captain Garrett Whitlock, met my best friend.