Chapter 19

Jennie couldn't place a finger on why she was going out of her mind with nerves. She and Jisoo had spent almost every day together for the last six weeks. They'd kissed, they'd slept together and things seemed to be cool between them. It's not like they had anything to do but hang and just do whatever came naturally.

Things that come naturally to you are usually considered to be unnatural for every other living creature on the planet. Jennie ignored the voice in her head as per usual.

So why, now, when Jisoo was just coming over to watch movies and spend the night, was she nervous beyond belief?

Because she's spending the night and you want it to be good. And because you know there's something going on in her head and you don't have a clue what it is. And because your underwear is too tight. Hmmm, all of the above.

Swallowing her nerves for the eighteen kajillionth time, she did another check of the room. Ridiculously large DVD collection, popcorn, pillows, soda and conveniently-sizeable bed. No, that wasn't right. Part of the reason she was so nervous was that she didn't want Jisoo to think that sex was all this was about. She liked Jisoo. They'd slept together. Well, something within 90 degrees of sleeping, but they also talked and shared. She'd invited her over because she wanted to see her, to be in her presence. She wasn't assuming anything would happen and she hoped Jisoo knew that. The jitters were starting to war within her again.

She nearly jumped out of her skin when the doorbell rang. Racing down the stairs, taking the last three in a leap, she skidded to the front door and stopped. Calming down, she opened the door like she'd never been nervous in the first place.

I'm impressed, Kim. That almost looked like you were actually cool. Except you're so not any more.

It made her feel both better and worse that Jisoo looked as nervous as Jennie felt. She was wearing jeans and a cute little top that made Jen want to say 'Aw'. Her bag was slung over her shoulder and she was holding the strap, fingering it like she was about to turn and run. Jennie grinned at her like an idiot.

"Hey."

"Hey," Jisoo replied, voice soft and mellow.

It took Jennie a few moments to realize that they were still standing on the doorstep staring at each other like idiots. She let Jisoo in.

"You hungry?" she asked the purple haired as they loitered with uncertainty in the foyer. It was after dinner but the question was the first one that came to mind so she let it roll off her tongue.

Jisoo shook her head, still holding her bag like a security blanket. Jennie took pity on her.

"Um, I have popcorn and stuff upstairs. Tons of movies. Your choice..."She dangled the offer in her most teasing tone, trying to ease some tension out of the air. It worked.

Jisoo laughed and Jennie watched her relax just a fraction. "You may regret that offer, I'm a hopeless romantic."

"So long as you don't make me watch Titanic I'm happy. And since I don't own Titanic..."

"You'll be happy?" Jis laughed with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah." Jennie grinned back, and jerked her head towards the stairs. "Wanna come up?"

Some of the tension returned to Jisoo's shoulders, but she walked past Jennie and up the stairs. Shrugging a little, the brunette followed her.

"So, what do you want to watch?" she asked while Jisoo put down her bag. She was determined to keep up the charade that all she wanted to do was watch movies. If Jisoo wanted more, then she'd have to make the first move because Jennie was terrified of pushing. She was more terrified that she'd push and Jisoo would just say what she was thinking. She was most terrified of what that might be. So, instead, she pushed the charade.

"Um, let me have a look." Jisoo knelt down next to the DVDs and Jennie flopped back on the pillows she'd set up on the floor, leaning back against her bed. After watching Jisoo flip through every single movie she owned, she watched the girl pull out Singing in the Rain and wave it happily. "This one."

"Classic," Jennie commented with a raise of an eyebrow, but she let Jisoo put the DVD on without further ado. If her body tensed when Jisoo leaned back on the pillows next to her, she tried not to let it show.

Ten minutes into the movie she felt Jisoo shift and turned to look at her. If she was being honest, she'd spent the last ten minutes paying no attention to the movie and paying every attention to the way that Jisoo's presence mere inches away was making the hair on her arm stand to attention.

She found Jisoo's eyes staring straight back at hers. Movie droning on in the background, she let herself drown in the deep brown that was engulfing her. She couldn't break the gaze, couldn't end this moment. Her breath was deep in her lungs and wouldn't shift. She couldn't be sure if it was her lack of breathing or just the nearness of Jisoo which was causing the deep ache developing in her chest. She almost groaned when the purple haired ducked her head, ending the intensity. Her brain screamed at her to say something, and she babbled.

"Jis. Are you okay? I mean, we... What -" Jennie couldn't have sounded less coherent if she'd tried. Jisoo just looked away. Taking another deep breath, Jennie tried again. "Jisoo. It's okay. We... we can just watch the movie."

Cop out

And they did. Her companion didn't seem to feel the need to respond to Jennie's comments and she had no idea what to say next. She felt that her previous attempts had been anything but successful and wasn't about to try again. She concentrated on Gene Kelly

Moments later she felt Jisoo's warm hand slide into hers, fingers interlacing. Squeezing in a mute show of understanding, Jen leant back against the pillows with a feeling that everything was going to be all right.

She was sitting back, finally focusing on the movie, when she felt warmth next to her. A gasp escaped her mouth when she felt a soft set of lips plant a light kiss on her neck. Closing her eyes and leaning her head back, she let Jisoo trail her mouth down the arch of her neck. She felt a warm hand slide across her abdomen, finding the skin of her flank at the other side and slipping up, under her shirt. Murmuring noises that said nothing, Jennie turned her head, connecting her lips with Jisoo's and pulling the purple haired into a deep kiss. She ran her tongue lightly across first a top and then a bottom lip. Breathing deeply when she felt lips beneath hers part, she hauled Jisoo into her lap, the purple haired winding her arms around Jennie's neck and angling her head for better access.

Gene Kelly forgotten, the kiss got wet, hot and passionate. Coming together over and over, they kissed, Jennie running her hands up under Jisoo's shirt and along her sides. Groaning she lifted the shirt up, feeling Jisoo's soft abdomen come into contact with hers. Breaking the kiss for oxygen, she stared at the girl. Kneeling astride her, eyes closed and breath panting, she was beautiful. Feeling the cessation in touch, Jisoo opened her eyes. They were locked, gazes boring into each other, intense to the point of pain.

"I -" Jennie began, not knowing what to say or how to tell Jisoo how she felt. Head in the clouds, she only barely noticed Jisoo taking her hands, sliding them off the skin they were touching and holding them between their aching bodies. Jennie felt a moment of panic as Jisoo stood up, pulling the brunette with her. Leaving one hand firmly clasped in her companion's, Jisoo led Jennie to the side of the bed and turned to face her. Cupping the curly-haired girl's flushed face in her hands, she leant in, kissing her softly and gently on the lips.

"Show me," she whispered. "I want you to show me."

* *©clomle44* *