Devil In Me

I won't take anyone down if I crawl tonight

But I still let everyone down when I change in size

And I went tumbling down tryna reach your high

But I scream too loud if I speak my mind

Elide didn't stop to think things through.

When she put her cell phone away angrily, she knew where she should go. Her legs started to move without thinking twice, and while her feet throbbed she couldn't stop. She ran to the bus station because it would take her almost in front of the Stadium and from there some minutes until she reached Lorcan.

She was so mad with him. After all the things she heard, after she knew the pain in his eyes, he still went back to Maeve. Deep down she knew it was to make her stop following Elide or mess with his life in general, but he should stop sacrificing himself. Especially if he is doing that because of Elide, they were friends for a short time, Lorcan couldn't be that attached.

The bus is at the stop, so she runs even faster to reach it and when the driver is almost closing the doors, Elide pushes herself to fit the space that was left open. All the way to the Stadium, she kept thinking about Lorcan, about what he think he was doing. Why he went back to Maeve when she knew he hated. It couldn't only be to make the woman stop following her.

Elide noticed that her cell phone was ringing but she decided to ignore, whoever it might be it wasn't important at the moment. She looked over the window and saw the cars going faster than the bus, the people taking cover from the rain that was starting to fall outside.

Her stop finally came, she pushed some people out of her way and saw that there were crowds in front of the Stadium, posters advertising the fight. They weren't there the last time she was there so this fight must be something that came out of the blue. She didn't see Chaol and she opted to go through the back door of the place to avoid anyone to stop her from doing whatever she was doing. She wasn't sure what she was doing, actually. Elide only needed to talk with Lorcan, she wanted to understand his reasons and maybe persuade him to stop.

"Elide!" She turned and saw Chaol coming slowly towards her with a man holding his arms to help him not to fall due to his leg problem. "I'm not sure what to do...I don't want-"

Elide put a hand on his shoulder, noticing how stoic the strange man was and how he looked angry at something.

"I will try to talk to him...I was just with him and he said something about having something to do...I didn't know it would be this." The man, with his short platinum hair, looked down at her and nodded in agreement to something. "Do you know where he is?"

"Probably warming up in the locker room." The man next to Chaol said.

"Thank you...?"

"Rowan. Aelin's husband."

Her mind started to work and when she finally understood, Elide was shocked. Aelin was her distant cousin that they sometimes call each other to talk about life, and how Aelin was getting closer to rule the business world with her fierce heart. Last month when they talked, Aelin didn't mentioned anything about getting married or even a boyfriend.

"I will call my dear cousin later. Because I never knew you existed." Chaol was amused by that judging from his little smile creeping out of his mouth.

"I asked her not to talk about me. I was hiding from Maeve."

"You were also...Maeve's? Sorry, I don't know..."