Hold me Down

Hold me down, hold me down

Throw me in the deep end, watch me drown

Knock me out, knock me out

Saying that I want more, this is what I live for

Manon was trying to avoid Elide in the past few days, of course Elide noticed because her friend and roommate is not conspicuous at all. There was this day where Elide arrived home and Manon suddenly jumped away from Dorian and went to her room as if her boyfriend was on fire. Dorian, then drenched by his juice he spilled on himself when Manon moved, looked at Elide with puzzled eyes.

Honestly, Elide wa starting to get annoyed.

On a Friday night, almost one months since she saw Lorcan, she arrived home and all was dark. Usually this time of the day Manon and Dorian would be curled up on the couch watching some detective tv show or making out, and it always had the smell of dinner being made.

Everything was dark, though. It looked like someone cleaned up too because there were no dishes over the sink, and no clothes near the laundry room. Maybe Manon and Dorian cleaned everything and went out to commemorate, or Manon had practice with the band.

Elide took a long shower, her foot was killing her and she knew she should have taken the bus and not walked back home but she was stubborn. She wanted to feel the cold night air and buy some groceries before going home.

Later when she was watching some Tv after a delicious lasagna she prepared, or better yet, heated on the oven. She received a text from Manon saying she wouldn't spend the night in their house, she went with Dorian to a little quick trip down to the beach. She sighed, a little sad that her friend seemed so distant these past few days, but Elide was glad that her friend was having a good time with her boyfriend. Dorian was an amazing companion and really knew how to deal with Manon's temperament, while also knowing how to make the best yakisoba she ever tasted.

Maybe Elide should plan her vacation, she really wanted to get out of the country because she never did that. She dreamed of far away islands where the sun and the ocean was the only thing haring the space with her, or dreaming with parisian streets where she could stroll down the Seine and enjoy the view of Notre Dame. Of course, she didn't have that much money, but if she saved for another six months she would take the money and just go away for two weeks. Some time off from everything, from her job and usual routine.

There was a knock coming from her front door. She muted the TV and went to see who it was, when she peered on the peephole her heart jumped. Elide tried to calm herself down before opening the door.

His long hair was tied up in a bun, as always, and his face was a mess of purple and green marks. She could barely see a patch of his face that wasn't bruised or swollen, she caught his hand and made him come with her to the inside of the house.

"My last fight was two days ago." He started to say, his voice sounded strange, it must hurt to even talk because he flinched a little when Elide went to touch his jaw. "I came as soon as they let me out of the hospital."

"You were hospitalized?"

She placed a hand on his face, noticing he wasn't feverish or anything but he was still warm enough for her to be worried. Elide wanted to hug him, kiss him and do everything she wanted. But his body emanated hurt and discomfort.

"Why aren't you resting? You look...like hell." Elide tried to not say that because some men are very annoyed with how they look, she knows he isn't the case because he is always hurt like that being a boxer but still.