England Vs Tunisia

"You look concerned, Gareth" Harry noted when he saw Gareth the morning of their first game "I am, Harry. It's about Haley" Harry sat opposite and looked concerned at his manager "why?" The Tottenham forward said "it's about who she is, Haley's known for years Ali and I adopted her when she was two. But I never told her why she has the scar she always has covered with her caps" he explained.

"Scar? She's the Girl Who Lived?" Harry said "yeah, I never told her since Ali and I wanted to give her as normal a life as we were able to. When she showed signs of magic, I wrote to her deputy headmistress and begged her to register her under Southgate instead of Potter" he sighed "I dunno how she'll take it if she finds out I lied to her about who she is."

Harry looked thoughtful "I'm sure she'll understand, Gareth. She'll probably know you lied to her so she didn't have to worry about the whole famous-as-a-baby thing" he said "you gave her a normal life and a loving family. That's all she cares about, she's famous enough in our world since she's a retired footballer's daughter" Jordan Henderson added as he walked in on the conversation.

"I just hope she forgives me" Gareth said, looking worried. He had loved Haley since the moment he brought the abandoned two-year-old home "I do forgive you, Dad" a quiet voice said, Gareth looked up to see his daughter's tearful green eyes "you only lied to me to let me be normal, just like everyone else" Haley just hugged him hard and cried into her father's waistcoat.

As the boys got ready for the match, Gareth was making sure Haley would stay seated and she just assured him she'd do her Arithmacy homework. After she'd had enough of Ron Weasley, she'd partnered with Neville Longbottom in Divination and was getting better at understanding what Professor Trewlany was saying to them in class.

Last year, Gareth almost blew a fuse when he found out that Haley had been entered in the Tri-Wizard Tournament and Dumbledore refused to take her out as the Head of the Hosting school. Not only that, but her blood, as Haley Potter, was used to bring Voldemort back to life again. Wisely, Gareth told her to lie and not say anything about his return.

"Boss, isn't Haley a witch?" Jadon Sancho asked "yeah, why?" Sancho was a squib, but kept updated with the magical world. Gareth wasn't pleased when he learned Dumbledore was using his daughter's name to claim Voldemort had returned "that's impossible, she's here in Russia. How can she say Lord Whats-his-face is back?" Ross Barkley shook his head. All of the England team either were magical, squibbed or knew of magic through their teammates.

"They're idiots, Ross. They don't look at the facts. Read about the disgusting slanders they let Rita Skeeter publish last year during the Tri-Wizard Tournament, it's like the World Cup in a way for us with three magical schools, didn't leave the poor girl alone" Jordan Pickford shook his head as he pulled his jersey over his head "fucking morons" Raheem Sterling swore "never liked Fudge anyway. The guy's easily bribed" he said.

"Good luck, guys" the team looked up to see Haley in:

"Supporting the team, kid" Raheem ruffled her hair "hey, I'm English

"Supporting the team, kid" Raheem ruffled her hair "hey, I'm English. What'd you expect?" Haley laughed, she had on her signature tattered jeans and converse with her skateboard on her rucksack "what's the score gonna be, Hales?" Harry joked "just because I do Divination doesn't mean I know what the score's gonna be, Harry" she playfully hit him.

"To answer ya question, reckon it'll be 2-1 to us" she shrugged, scampering off to see her Dad "love that kid" Dele Alli grinned "everyone does. Keep an eye out for her head, guys. He's gonna find out eventually who she is" Harry ordered the magicals and squibs in their team "got it, Cap" they echoed as Gareth yelled for them to get moving.

As predicted, England won against Tunisia to the shock of the nation, Haley was jumping on her father's back with Gareth smiling at not only his team, but his daughter's antics as well. He couldn't be anymore proud of England, but he was still worried about Dumbledore finding out Haley wasn't who he thought she was.