Near Miss

"Can't believe we just won!" Jesse yelled out as the team got to the dressing room "guys!" Haley ran in and jumped on Jordan Pickford's back "ease up, kiddo" the Everton goalkeeper grinned, hearing his rival team captain laugh "Leighton would get a kick outta Hales" Trent Alexander-Arnold smirked as Gareth walked in and saw them messing around with his daughter.

Haley was like the baby sister of their team "why don't we get her to meet Leighton one of these days, if that's alright with the boss?" Jordan Henderson said "just keep her out of trouble, boys. Henderson, make sure she doesn't give Jurgen any more grey" Haley flipped him off from Harry's back now "Haley, language."

As the boys got back on the bus to take them to the hotel, Ross noticed an old man in purple robes watching Haley "I see him" Gareth said, glancing to his hyper daughter with Harry, Ally Lallana, Jordan Pickford and Jordan Henderson. Ally was the only girl to ever play football with the men, but many of her opponents underestimated how strong the Liverpool attacking midfielder was.

She was also a witch and had been at Hogwarts as well "Hales, just stay beside me" the Hertfordshire girl said, keeping an arm around her shoulders as she guided Haley onto the bus "what's going on, Ally?" Haley asked as Dele threw himself beside her "Gareth just spotted ya head" Haley shook her head "he wouldn't risk it" Haley began crying into Ally's t-shirt.

Gareth had to keep Haley away from Dumbledore, he'd do anything to get his daughter under his control "Gareth, my boy" the England manager glared "Albus, what'd you want?" He huffed, folding his arms and glaring at the old man "where is Ms Potter?" Gareth smirked "y'mean Southgate, Albus? She's been a  Southgate since Alison and I took her in after Vernon and Petunia abandoned her in London" he said.

Ross and Raheem stood next to the bus, Raheem had his wand loosely in his hand in case Gareth needed him to step in. He didn't have his own wand on him as he preferred to settle things diplomatically and Haley needed her father, both footballers would gladly get into a duel to protect one of their own "clear off, leave Haley alone. That girl's had the better life with our boss" Raheem glared, although younger than Dumbledore, Raheem was a more talented duellist than him.

Ally was at the bus entrance "we're good to go, what's going on?" She asked Ross "boss' basically told Dumbledore to go fuck himself in a manner of speaking" Ally grinned "serve him right. Was a bastard to me when I was at school" Ally said "why's that, Ally?" Danny Rose called "cause I kept up my normal schooling as well as magical and told him to shove his 'Greater Good' ideals where the sun doesn't shine. That's the politer way."

The boys could imagine what Ally Lallana had said, the amount of swearing they'd heard from her was enough to put a sailor to shame "was kinda also because I highlighted my hair green as well" she gestured to the green highlights in her ebony black hair as Gareth walked away and they headed back to the hotel "she gonna be alright, Boss?" Jordan asked "she'll be fine as long as one of us is with her, Hendo" Gareth assured the boys.

Haley was asleep on Harry's lap and there was dried tears around her eyes, clearly she'd cried herself to sleep while the Tottenham striker tried to calm her down. Gareth looked in sorrow at his daughter, Haley shouldn't be having to put up with a senile old man's grandeur plans at fifteen years old.

Gareth carried her into their hotel room when the team got back and tucked her up in bed "how's she doing?" Jadon Sancho asked, concerned about Haley "pretty messed up, Jadon. Best leave her to sleep for a bit" Gareth said as he called the team down to a conference room to talk about Dumbledore's plan for Haley Southgate.