Chapter 1

When the clock strikes,
At the time,
It was meant to be,
The world will know.

Foul play shall be none,
Of you and of me both,
Remember the moon sees.

Memories shall resurfaced,
Even the most painful once.

Kaitou KID

____________________________________

Saguru finished reciting the latest heist note. Wait for me? What does he mean? This note sounded like KID is not trying to steal a jewel but something as similarly valuable to one. Hm..

The blonde detective kept repeating the note but he couldn't think of anything.

"When the clock strikes, at the time, it was meant to be, the world will know," Shinichi muttered next to him. "I think he meant 12am there."

"I think so too," Saguru thought.

"Foul play shall be none, of you and of me both, remember the moon is our eyes. The nighttime will witnessed something. Is KID trying to say that this heist is serious since he mentioned no foul play?" Saguru added.

"Yeah. Memories shall resurfaced, even the most painful once. Who's memories? KID's or ours? Why painful?" Shinichi thought deeply.

Saguru shot a quick text to his friend, Aoko.

____________________________________

Hakuba Saguru
Hey. When is Kuroba-kun father's death? It's somewhere in this month right?

Nakamori Aoko
Eh? Aoko thought you knew. It's in two days. Why are you asking?

Hakuba Saguru
Oh, I was just wondering. I remember Kuroba-kun said his father's death is this month but he never mentioned when. I wanted to search the internet but I don't think he'll appreciate it since it's a sore subject to him.

Hakuba Saguru
But thanks anyways, Nakamori-chan.

Nakamori Aoko
Eh.. No need tot thank Aoko!

____________________________________

"Tomorrow is the full moon. KID's heist is tomorrow at midnight," Saguru said, tucking the phone away in his pocket.

Shinichi looked at him in surprised. "How do you know it's tomorrow?"

Saguru smiled emotionlessly. "He's holding a heist not to steal something but to celebrate something. Specifically someone's death."

Shinichi hummed. "The first Kaitou KID then. His.. demise.. Toto tower. That was the last heist before Kaitou KID went silent for 8 years. It's the highest building here in Tokyo."

So, it's set. The date, the place and the time.

*                   *                  *

"Kuroba-kun," Saguru started as soon as he sat down on his seat on the next day in school. The usually hyperactive boy continued to stare out of the window, not even glancing at Saguru the slightest bit.

"Kuroba-kun," Saguru called his name again but gently this time. Tomorrow is his father's death. The least Saguru can do is be good for the other male.

Soulmates [SaguKai]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें