Chapter 10

In the end, Kaito went back home alone without Saguru, whom refused to go back to Japan after they talked in details about their relationship and so on. Kaito only nodded in understanding, not wanting to pick any more fights with the stubborn Brit.

He sat on his seat, thinking about the blonde detective. He thought about Saguru's features, characteristics and so on.

Suddenly, his phone vibrated. Eh? I forgot to put on the airplane mode. He unlocked his phone and felt his breath hitched in his chest.

Saguru sent him a picture of himself, wearing nothing but a woman's thin lace panties. "Already missing you, Kaito." was what he wrote.

Kaito felt his chest tight as he shakily typed back a reply. "Saguru, I'm on the plane. I'm in public. Send me that later."

Another picture sent, Saguru was jerking himself off, his length leaking with precum. "I'm sorry, Daddy. We'll play later? Promise?"

Kaito cursed under his breath, making sure the lady next to him didn't hear it as he typed a reply. "Okay, Baby Doll. Be a good doll for Daddy and wait for him, alright?"

Saguru sent him a picture of himself smiling beautifully that melts Kaito's heart. "Okay."

Kaito relaxed as he put his phone on airplane mode and listened to music as he fell asleep, dreaming about his lovable soulmate.

*               *               *

Kaito continued school, doing his heists like usual, a little more seriously and graduated earlier than everyone on his batch.

Kaito and Aoko had stopped talking to each other, the same with her father and him. It hurts a whole damn lot but he'll get through it. He barely sees them anymore except for at heists (Ginzou) and school (Aoko).

Shinichi and that little scientist ojou-chan had helped him find more Pandora candidates and helped Kaitou KID with the snipers at his heist.

"Jeez, those snipers are a menace. I swear," Kaito groaned loudly.

"Barou. That's because they wanted to find Pandora too. Of course they'll shoot at you to eliminate you," Shinichi had said while cleaning Kaito's wounds around a week ago.

Kaito and Saguru talked on the phone quite frequently at every chance they get since timezones were a pain in the ass.

They would video call each other, text each other, just normal call each other whenever they could, desperate to be with the other as much as they can.

"Come back, Kaito.." Saguru whispered through the phone. "I missed you.." he said.

Kaito sighed quietly at this repetitive conversation they had everyday ever since Kaito went back to Japan. "I want to be with you too and I missed you so much but I have heists to make, baby doll. I can't stop until I find Pandora."

"I know.. I'm sorry. Have fun with the heists," Saguru ended the call with an upset tone.

Kaito sighed loudly this time, frustrated with Saguru's attitude as he continued his work on finding Pandora candidates with Shinichi laying his head on Kaito's lap, reading A Study of Scarlett.

"He got upset again?" Shinichi asked mindlessly as he reread the book for 267492 times already. Kaito groaned and said, "He's making it complicated for me to be absolutely patient with him."

"It's normal for him to be clingy. You broke the bond and caused him to the edge of insanity. When you already reconcile, you left without a proper bonding with him after fixing the bond again. You can't blame him for behaving so unlike his usual self."

Kaito sighed as he pushed his laptop away from him as he relaxed on the bed. Shinichi closed the book and properly laid himself next to Kaito, cuddling him. Their twin-soulbond tingles as Kaito buried his face in Shinichi's neck.

"I wish I could help more, Kaito."

"It's okay, Shin-chan. I'll figure it out soon enough. Thank you for always comforting me," the younger said softly. Shinichi pressed a kiss on top of the wild haired male's head. "We're supposedly twins, remember? Even without words, the other could already know what the other feels."

Kaito smiled.

*                *               *

"Catch him and don't let him get away!" Ginzou yelled through the walkie-talkie, face turning purple like a grape.

Kaito smirked and ran up the stairs with glee. He had successfully stole the jewel. He opened the door to see Saguru on the rooftop, he froze.

"Tantei-san?" he rasped out, not showing that he's internally panicking. Shit shit shit shit shit.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in London?" he asked as he cautiously walked to the edge of the building, shielding Saguru away from the sniper with his body.

"I just.. missed Japan dearly and my soulmate. So I thought why not come back for a few days?" Sagurh smirked before eyes sharpening at the movements from the building next to the hotel they're standing on.

It all happened too fast and before he knew it, he was flying away on his hang glider and Saguru stood at the edge with a red splash on his dearstalker coat by the chest. Kaito's heart basically stopped as Saguru collapsed on the ground.

"Kaito! We caught the sniper!" Shinichi said through the Detective Batch he gave to the magician thief. Kaito fumbled with it and dropped on a random building. "Shin-chan, S-Saguru was there. He p-pushed me off the building and activated my hang glider. He got shot."

"Shit. I'll check and bring him to the hospital nearby. It's gonna be okay, Kaito. Just breathe and calm down," Shinichi said and the line went dead and silent.

Kaito stared at his hands before changing into his casual clothes and ran out of the building. He felt his heart hammering in his chest. It felt uncomfortably tight and it's getting harder for him to breathe properly.

He vaguely remembered that he's having a panic attack before trying to calm himself down by thinking about Saguru; his annoying, stubborn, cute, adorable, handsome, clingy blonde boyfriend.

He heard the ambulance passed by and he ran towards the nearest hospital without stopping, fingers twitching and jittery as he ran faster.

He needed to get there.

He needed to see Saguru.

He needed his soulmate.

The tears streamed down his face without him noticing.