1

The music blaring in my ears, trying to combat the sounds of the children and my bus drivers loud radio was starting to get annoying, I knew if I wanted to do anything; it would be to get off this bus and into the shield of my bed.

But alas the chattering of Lyla beside me reminded me that this indeed was a Friday, and a Friday night where a party took place. So I subconsciously drifted off into dream land to escape the thought that I was going to have to talk to people tonight.

The bus's semi abrupt stop made me slide a tad in the classic fake leather(?) that coated the seats of the bus, something I've grown accustomed to, and almost fond of, it was like my bus driver was gently telling me to leave ASAP. Advice that I didn't really need. The bus doors close gently as it speeds off to drop off more students.

"So how is Mr. "Ladies man" coming along with those texts?" I roll my eyes at Sean.

"I just don't know what to say, I don't want to seem lame"

"Just let me see it" Lyla takes the phone, her fingers making a 'click' as she finishes the last words.

"Annnnd, Sent" a triumphant smirk on her face as Sean scans the message.

"Hey Jen r u going 2 the party 2 night?' I could've said that"

"Sure, but it would take you twenty minutes." I laugh

"Definitely. Appreciate that I worked some of that "Lyla match-making magic" for you"

"Ha. Ha. You guys know you're both major assholes right?" Sean closes his eyes, chuckling lightly.

"Hey Faggot!"
The resident asshole decided to open his mouth, Brett making a fuss was so normal a day without it felt weird.

"Shut up!" Lyla called out to the boy sitting on his patio, receiving a harsh roll of his eyes.

We take a seat on Sean's porch steps, causing Lyla to take out a cigarette and share it with Sean. Already knowing that I wouldn't want a smoke.

"What's do we need for the party?"

  Lyla exhales the smoke from her mouth and it spills into the late afternoon air around her. I never really want to smoke, but damn if she doesn't look really cool while doing it. Then, she pulls out a sharpie and writes the list on Sean and I's hands.

  "Do you think we are going to be BFFs forever?" Lyla looks towards the sky.

  "Yes, you're stuck with us" I look back at her from my spot on the stairs, a soft smile on my face.

"I've got to take care of Ian, I'll stop over later Sean"

"Okay, take your time"

I roll my eyes "See ya Lyla." 

Walking towards my house, that was directly across the street from the Diaz's, unbeknownst to the trouble to occur in the future.