6

(A/N: This is the song that is playing in the car in lis2. I love whoever chooses the music, this bops. Also thank you so much for 1k reads, here's a long as fuck chapter!!)

"Jesus, and I thought I had a shit day." Brody says, raising one hand off the wheel to fix his glasses.

"I hope this trip keeps the racist assholes to a minimum. Or I'm gonna have to start working out to protect you guys." I raise one of my arms, in a flexing position and squeeze my almost non-existent bicep.

"Yeah, yeah. I hate to say it, but you're about as intimidating as a small dog." Sean laughs and puts his hand over his eyes.

It's then a small bark comes from Daniel, which he covers it up with a very unconvincing cough. Me and Sean look back to see the puppy at the gas station wrapped in a blanket. I turn forward to Sean and I raise my eyebrows. He groans.

"Seriously, dude? How are we going to take care of it?"

"I had to save her!" Daniel pets the dog's head.

"Uhh okay. But since it's you're dog, you're gonna have to name her." Sean relents.

Pick a good name please Daniel this dog is too cute.

"What about...Mushroom!" He lifts the puppy up.

What.

"You certainly get originality points Daniel." I scratch the back of my head.

He nods, yawns and falls back into the back of the car, out cold.

The chatter of Brody and Sean soon goes silent. Before Sean goes to sleep as well I tap him on the shoulder and rest my chin on the back of his seat.

"Sean?" I poke again. He opens one eye.

"Y'know I'm trying to sleep right?" He groans.

"Yeah, I just wanted to say something before you do." I whisper out, he starts to sit up and I reach over the seat and gently push him back.

"Don't get up it's going to make me feel guilty." I awkwardly try to bring my arm back from the front. He rolls his eyes.

"Say what you want to say, I'm tired." He rubs his eyes.

"I just wanted to... say sorry. It's because of me that asshole caused you even more pain. And the last thing I wanted you to feel as if I betrayed you, just left you to rot." I whisper. This makes Sean sit up instantly and painfully try to turn around in his seat to face me. I open my mouth to object but he cuts me off before I have the chance to say anything.

"Are you being serious? I'd be lying if I didn't say I was scared but I knew you wouldn't leave me there. I'm glad you kept my brother safe." Sean stares into my eyes, which makes me let out some sobs. 

"I *hic*... was so scared we wouldn't be able to save you, that it would be too late and you would never forgive me." I lean my head against the back of his seat. Sean gently pats my back for a few minutes until I calm down. I wipe my eyes and let out a weak smile.

"I'm a mess." I let out a laugh. Sean shakes his head.

"You were just worried, it's okay. Get some rest." He returns to his spot and soon falls asleep along with his brother. I stare out into the night, accepting that I probably won't be falling asleep soon. A silence falls over me and Brody. Until he looks at me through the mirror. He clears his throat.