8

Brown. That never before seen beautiful complexity of hues bewitching now more than anytime I remember. Complimented by the heart wrenching reddened and wet eyeballs of the boy or now young man?  Standing in front of me.  He's tired and scared, about ten times more than I am. The seemingly more common fragility in his self makes me feel some kind of bittersweet.  His arms drop to his sides and he freezes. Knowing what is about to come when the familiar sound of bath water flowing into the drain interrupt his thoughts.

"Do you want to be here when I tell my brother the truth?" Those sad, stressed eyes stare deep into my soul, the draining tub only fueling my anxiety, making my hands twitch.

" I don't know" I say. I swallow the remaining spit traveling down my throat and release a strained sigh.
"Do you want me to?" I asked.

"Honestly I feel like this is between you two, the last thing I'd want to do is intrude." He nods in understanding.

"You're with us now. If you get overwhelmed you can go out on the balcony or something." Sean rakes a hand through his hair.

Daniel opens the door with a smile on his face, running towards Mushroom arms outstretched. While Daniel has been handling things well, I don't know the best outcome for this is when we tell him. Sean clears his throat.

"Uh Daniel, (Y/N) and I have something to tell you." Daniel looks up from Mushroom and raises a brow, eyes switching from Sean and me.

"You promised me a soda."

"We did?" I shrug while Sean elbows me in the side.

"Ouch!!" Sean gives me a look that epitomizes 'does this look like the time'. I sigh and ruffle Daniels hair, giving each other a mischievous look. I chuckle.

" Sure thing bud we'll be right back." I turn to grab Sean by the arm he hit me with and walk out the door.

Immediately I firmly grasp both of his forearms and shake him lightly.

"Holy shit how are we supposed to do this!" He sighs and puts an arm around my shoulder to calm me down. He rubs circles on my shoulder and we start walking towards the soda machine.

Sean looks ahead in thought.
"No one said it was going to be easy (Y/n), but Brody said that this was the right thing to do-" he pulls out change to put in the machine. "Something about sharing pain. And how it will make us stronger. Daniel would find out anyway if we didn't tell him." I lean into his side, closing my eyes and breathing in to steady myself.

"I know, thank you. I am so lucky you're he-"

"DAD!" Sean and I stare at each other before running towards our room. I stand behind Sean as he slams the door open.

Random items and dirt circle around Daniel and he looks to us both when we head inside.

"Oh Fuck!" Sean looks scared.

"Holy shit" I stand behind Sean beyond shocked.

Telekinesis... I didn't know I lived in a comic.

"Daniel what's happening?! Calm down!"

"YOU LIED!" He sends the stuff in the air towards us, causing me to hold my arms up to shield myself.  Sean starts creeping to Daniel, I follow behind him.