Meadow

3/13/2019 [8:28 pm]

I close my eyes, inhaling the sweet smell of spring as my toes dig into the soft earth beneath me. Gentle rays of sunshine pour from the atmosphere, soaking into my skin and filling me with serenity. A ghastly shriek pierces my ears, one that i've heard many times before. "I can save you. I can heal you," I whisper to myself. I take off running, tripping over my own feet as I desperately search for you. There you are. I fall to my knees, scooping you up with considerate desperateness. I take precaution to make sure I don't hurt you more, little white rabbit. Your blood spills all over my legs and torso, soaking into the thin white cloth that covers my figure. I can feel your heartbeat racing. I know you're afraid of me. I lay you between my thighs and slip my dress over my head, wrapping your bleeding wound with all that I have. It's not working. You look at me with your soft brown eyes, little white rabbit. I know you want me to care for you. I know you are frightened. You won't let me. I would die for you. I would do anything to make you feel whole. I pull you to my bare chest, your wound closing slowly with each labored breath I take. My eyes squeeze shut in silent agony. What you can't see, little white rabbit, is that I am hurting myself to heal you. This is what I want. You are. Your heart  slows to a normal pace, blood drips from the corners of my lips. I set you down on the grass, your body unscathed. In an instant, I watch you slip away, returning to how you were before, alone. Fine. I feel dizzy. I fall from my knees, hitting the ground with a soft thud. My toes curl. My eyes fall closed. I almost had you. Goodnight, little white rabbit. Until next time. I love you.

{ I'm sorry this is absolute garbage lol. I had an idea and wanted to write it and it didn't turn out great. Perks of being terrible at putting your feelings into words. }