Magician

Hector --

Here's a rough for another video needing your eyes. The dialogue is all the priest's -- obviously. Let me know.
Thanks,

M

...

We SEE one of those old-fashioned televisions. Its picture is frozen on a confessional cabinet, but its just a picture. The television screen, or parition, slides open to reveal THE PRIEST. Golden lattice separates him from the audience, or penitent.

'The abyss remains at bay (the real abyss) and with it, the message it carries. You see, a message is only as complex as its syntax, and the iambic syntax that holds our world together just can't give it the necessary shape. Nothing of depth can take shape here. It's all just foddle-faddle. With the all too underwhelming syntax we defend so desperately.'

PULL BACK TO REVEAL

A dark figure shrouded in even greater darkness paces around behind The Priest, who is still crouched low looking through the television at his audience. The dark figure places a box on a small table in front of the televison. The Priest stands up, walks over to it, and peeling back the lid, reveals a habitat closely resembling earth. Clay effigies point outside the box trying to better understand there place in the universe, and by extension, what lies beyond. The dark figure circles the box like the sun or moon, weaving between The Priest.

'They don't have the proper frame of reference, so they grope in the dark using the tools given them -- the iambic syntax.'

Some of the effigies are gathered around a hole in the box. The dark figure sticks his finger in the hole, like a black tentacle protruding from the earth. Some of the effigies are placing calipers around its circumference, some are worshipping it, while others choose to ignore it. The dark figure wiggles his finger just to play with then but ends up knocking over some of the effigies, before picking up the box entirely and coddling it like a pet. The effigies fly everywhere like some catastrophic event.

The Priest becomes irate and, picking up a stick for just such an occasion, begins chasing the dark figure around the table in cartoon-like fashion, shouting.