ii. a letter from the author

I first wrote Marked six years ago. Believing that Marked would become the next big thing, I decided that I, with absolutely no experience with any of the processes, was going to self publish it. I revised, I edited, and I marketed this entire thing--and I did it poorly. Marked was not only unsuccessful, but the entire ordeal destroyed all the fire, passion, and desire to continue writing this trilogy. Not only that, but I decided to torment myself with the publishing process while being at my lowest--I was at my lowest point, and because of that, it destroyed my love for this book.

A few months ago I pulled the book off of Amazon (although the kindle version is available, but the ebook is such a shit show as far as format, so I don't recommend it anyway), and said my goodbyes to it thinking that I'd never have to see it again.

Since it's no longer available for purchase, I decided that I want to repost it here, on Wattpad--where it all began. It'll be free to read; but more importantly, I want to consider this a lesson. Consider this a reminder that you should never do anything half-cocked.

Do your research.

Do not self-publish unless you are absolutely sure, and are capable of self-publishing. 

Marked, the version that I published and the version I'm posting on here, is still riddled with errors--I was naive, and foolish, and I don't want any of you to do the same. Self-publishing does have its advantages, but it also requires so much of you, and there's so much room for error. One little mistake could ruin so much.

That being said, I hope you enjoy Marked! Updates are every Thursday.