Acknowledgements

Never in my wildest childhood dreams did I imagine that I would reach this very moment. I've only ever been told that writing would be a fruitless job; that, unless I wrote like Rowling or King (or wrote as fast as Patterson), I was better off flipping burgers. But I had a family who accepted that I would never, ever give up this passion—it was readers that fell in love with my storytelling—that led me to this very moment.

Honestly, I would cry—but I'm afraid I might short-circuit my already finicky computer.

There are people that I want to thank, desperately, for supporting me throughout this journey.

First, I want to thank my fellow authors and friend's Rachel Fletcher and Hannah Cuckler, who have been with me on this journey when Marked was just a few chapters on Wattpad.com. Along with their support, they've helped me so much when I hit those pesky road blocks, and forced me to set up goals so that I can get this damn thing published quickly. Thank you; I'm so lucky to have you in my life.

Second, I want to thank Obsidian Dawn Resources for the lovely brushes used on the cover art for this novel—you make great things, and I'll definitely use more in the future!

I want to thank my family. You have seen me during the darkest of times for me, and yet you still gave me your unwavering support. I want to thank my mother and sister, for understanding that sometimes all an author needs is patience and the occasional bag of chips. I love you so much, and I am so grateful that you're giving me the courage I need to follow a dream I have had since the beginning of time, probably.

Thank you.

But—there is one collection of people who deserve the biggest of thanks. As if I would ever forget my readers—my fellow Oirthirians—on Wattpad. Can you believe we did it? You've been one this wild roller coaster ride from the very day; three years ago, you decided to take a chance on this story, and much like myself you fell in love with the characters, and I cannot express how incredibly happy that makes me. I would not have made it this far. I would not have taken that step into publishing this novel. I am following my dream.

And I am glad it's because of you.