Chapter 12: Nice Daniel or Asshole Daniel

Elena's POV

The Next Morning

I woke up feeling sore. My body was achy all over, but it wasn't too bad thanks to the bath that Daniel gave me last night. He even took the time to lotion me up, which I thought was funny. He barely said anything to me after we were done, but he made sure to take care of me before we went to bed. It was kinda confusing.

If I'm being honest, all of last night was confusing for me. The caring, passionate man that I was in the bed with last night, wasn't the crass, rude and arrogant man that I've gotten to known over the past few weeks. I liked the man I was in bed with more. He didn't try to intimidate me, and he didn't scare me. But most of all he cared for me.

He took his time, and even though he was rough at the end, he went slow when I asked him to. He reassured me when I felt very embarrassed. And he took care of me afterwards. He was gentle with his touch and he was somewhat affectionate.

However I feel like as soon as he wakes up and we go downstairs, the caring man that took care of her last night will be gone, and the arrogant and mean man will be back. And that made my somewhat good mood, deflate almost immediately.

Is this going to be my life from now own. Dealing with one Daniel, who cares for me when we're in bed and gives me all types of affection at night. And then going back to dealing with the Daniel who treats me like trash during the day.

Sighing heavily, I get out of bed and grab my sketch book from my bag, my phone and my ear pods and go down stairs to the kitchen. I make myself a bowl of fruit before I go and sit at the island and begin to work on a sketch that I've been doing for a couple of weeks, while listening to ANTI.

 I make myself a bowl of fruit before I go and sit at the island and begin to work on a sketch that I've been doing for a couple of weeks, while listening to ANTI

I was almost done with my sketch and halfway through the album when I saw Daniel walk into the kitchen. I pray that he's going to be sweet Daniel and not asshole Daniel. He says not one word to me. He goes into the fridge before closing it, with an annoyed expression. He then turns to me and taps me on the shoulder aggressively.

'Asshole Daniel it is.'

"Yes Daniel?" I say calmly as possible, not looking up from my sketch.

"Why didn't you cook?" He asks, clearly upset.

"Because the last time I checked this is supposed to be a vacation. And you are a grown man that is more than capable of making his own breakfast." I say in the same tone as before. I'm not gonna let him take me out of character, and I'm not gonna let him ruin my day.

"Why cook, if I have a fucking wife to do that shit." He growls

"I wasn't aware that I turned into damn Molly the maid." I quip back.

"Whatever Elena." He mutters, stomping off.

I wanted to cry, because this is going to be my life from here on out. My life is going to be me being treated like trash by my husband. And there's nothing I can do.