Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"He's getting more crazier each year Rose...I don't know what to do!" Vic said, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"I would say just keep fighting back and maybe George can take care of him but I don't think that'll stop him since he's a powerful man. He's the commandant of the army after all..." Rose replied, grabbing the groceries our from the trunk of her red convertible.

(George is Mr.Houzuki btw)

"Rose...What if I can't fight back? What if he takes her away from me.... Turns her into a cold blooded killer like his other soldiers!" Vic exclaimed, eyes becoming moist.

Rose drops the bags and pulls Vic into a warm hug. "Don't think like that. Marina is strong and stubborn. She would never fall under his control."

"M-Mom! What's wrong!"

The adults look to see Marina and Pearl running up to them.

As soon as Rose let Vic go, Marina slammed into her middle, nearly knocking the older Octoling's down.

"I'm fine sweetie.... I just read something sad and Mrs. Houzuki was cheering me up." Vic said, smiling at her daughter.

"That's right! Your mom gets too emotional these days." Rose joked. Then she turned towards Pearl and noticed your arm.

"What happened this time?!" Rose cried out, gently taking Pearl's arm and inspects her wounds.

"I fell."

"Pearlie...." Marina said, glaring at her slightly older friend.

"Fine! A girl named Abigail pushed me down the hill."

"Is she the cause of your other wounds from before?" Vic asked, now concerned.

"Nah, it was only today." Pearl replied, taking her arm and started making her way inside. "Come on Marina, We got some homework to do!"

"Ok. Be back soon mom!" Marina said, running after Pearl.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Sy-Syl...Pearl what's this word?" Marina asked, looking up from her paper.

Pearl looks over. "Syl-la-bus. Repeat after me."

"Syl-la-'bus'" Marina tried but messed up saying 'bus' at the end.

"Almost, let's try again. "Syl-la-bus"

"Syl-la-bus?" Marina repeated.

"Yeah! Now saw it together!" Pearl exclaimed.

"Syllabus!" Marina said, then smiled as she finally got the word right.

"Right on! That's my Rina!" Pearl patted her shorter friend's head.

"Yo! I just got an idea." Pearl suddenly shouted.

"What is it?"

Pearl placed her hands on the Octoling's shoulder. "Let's have a sleepover! We haven't had one in a while."

Marina's teal/pink eyes shinned with excitement as she shot from her chair. "Yeah!"

"Great! I'll go ask our moms! You finish up your homework." Pearl said, darting out the room.
---------------------------------------------------------

As soon as they were granted permission, Pearl started cleaning her room while Marina ran home to get her stuff.

Pearl's room was almost the size of the living room. Her walls were painted pink and had posters of some bands like Ink Theory, Squid Squad and more. There were also some drawings that Marina had drawn for her.

Marina always slept in the same bed as Pearl because her bed was huge and Marina liked being near Pearl. The first time they had a sleepover, Marina chose to sleep on the couch downstairs but later came up, feeling scared and unsafe by herself. Pearl made room for her and the Octoling climbed in. After that night, they slept together everytime.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in!"

Marina opened the door, holding a small bag full of her stuff. "Um Where do you want me to put this?"

"Place it in the closet." Pearl replied.

Pearl moved her two new beanbags over to the center of the room. "Mom got me these the other day. This one can be yours." She said, pointing to the teal one.

Marina sat in the teal one and was sucked in. "Whoa!" She giggled as she tries to escape.

"Hehe let me help ya." Pearl grabbed her small hands and pulled her to where she wasn't sinking in the chair.

After the Octoling was situated, She sat in her own beanbag and turned on her TV.

Then she remembered something. "Oh! I have something for you Mar!"

Pearl went under her bed to pull out a pretty big book.

"My teacher gave this to me but you know how I don't like reading much so I wanna give it to you. The words may be a bit hard to read but maybe when your older, you can read it."

Marina took the book and smiled. "Thank you Pearlie! I'll keep this book with me everyday! Promise!" She looks at the title. "The... Ad-Adventures of Robin Hood..."

"Yep. I learned about him in class. It wasn't really interesting to me. It had things about Kings, knights and junk."

Marina's eyes sparkled. "I love things like that!"

Pearl chuckled. "I knew you would ya dork. Now whatcha wanna do first?"
---------------------------------------------------------
After some time later, It got pretty late and the 2 began to settle down. They changed into their sleepwear and climbed in bed.

It was pretty silent as they both tried to head to sleep but then Marina spoke up. "Hey Pearl?"

Pearl hummed in question, turning over to look at her younger friend.

"I know you told me not to talk about it, but can you promise me something?"

Pearl nodded.

"No matter what happens, promise me you will remain my best friend. I feel really weird about something."

"I promise Mar. That's only if you remain my best friend too." Pearl replied.

"I promise too." Marina holds up her small pinky to seal the promise.

Pearl hooks hers onto her friend's and smiles. "Goodnight Mar."

"Goodnight Pearlie."