Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Hey Pearl? Lets call it a day yeah?" Said a female inkling with two long yellow tentacles.

"Ye sure. I'm all drained out anyway." Pearl replied, placing back a pair of shoes on the rack. "Ay Tera, we should call up Marie and Callie some time soon. Been a while since we all hung out."

Tera went to the window and flipped the Open sign, closed. "We can try. You know how busy they are with recording music videos and junk."

Tera turned to Pearl. "So I don't want to hear you whine and pout when they say they can't make it like the last time..." She teased.

"Oh shut up." Pearl grumbled.

Both inklings walk out the store, into the night of Inkopolis.

"So you're turning 21 in a week huh? You still look 12." Tera said, as they walk towards the parking lot.

Pearl glared at the younger inkling. "You love fucking with me don't you?"

"Hmm I may not be straight but eww not with you." The young inkling joked.

Pearl flipped her off and shoved her hands in her pocket. "I'm off. Gotta visit my mom and an old friend in the morning. I'll catch ya later T!"

"Alright P. See ya." Tera said, as they fist bump before heading to her own ride.

Pearl felt her phone vibrate so she pulled it out to see who was messaging her.

Mom

Hey Pearl! Can't wait to see you after so long! Love you <3

Its been a couple years since she last seen her parents in person.  At 19, Pearl had moved out, ready to start her own journey in adulthood. The shoe store she works in, just happens to be the freshest one in town. It was always getting new shoes every week, meaning it would be busy.

Because of that, Pearl never gets the opportunity to visit. Now that it was the holiday season, the store had closed up for the week.

Pearl

can't wait to see y'all too! I gotta get going. Got a long drive. Ttyl and love ya too

Pearl placed her phone back in her pocket and began walking to her car.

"Hey gremlin!"

Pearl felt her eyebrow twitch as the sound of her ridiculous nickname was heard. She kept moving forward, pulling out her car keys.

"I know you hear me! You aren't that deaf!"

She stops in her tracks and turns around. "What do you want?"

An inkling with bright green hair, tied in a ponytail grins as he steps forward. "Wanna hook me up with some new kicks?"

"Nope, We're closed. Come back next week." Pearl simply said, turning back around to walk to her car.

"Open back up then. It'll take a moment out of your time." He sounded much closer than he was a few moments ago.

Pearl looked behind her to see the inkling right on her tail. The small Inkling grumbled under her breath. "Beat it Squid. I got places to go."

The inkling boy reaches over to grab her shoulder. "And I do too! Now Lets-"

Swiftly, Pearl turns around and gives a hard kick to the boy's jingle bells, which left him crying out in pain, holding himself on the ground.

"When I say beat it, I really mean it. Happy holidays Squiddo." Pearl smirked, before making her way to her car.
---------------------------------------------------------