Stolen Voice

"Come on guys, it's time for patrol." Leo said with a smile as he gripped his katana in his hands.

"Finally, I actually missed going on patrol dudes!" Mikey cheered. He hadn't been on patrol in a long time.

"Yep, feels good to see the city again, right little brother?" Raph grinned, prodding Mikey with his elbow.

Mikey smiled. "Heck yeah! I've literally been sitting in the lair for 4 whole months! Let's go!"

During Mikey's battle, the turtles only went on patrol once a week and Splinter kept Mikey company when they were gone, but Mikey is fine to go on patrol now since he's healed.

"Slow down there Mikey, wait for us." Donnie replied with take annoyance as they tried to keep up with the energetic turtle.

Once on the rooftops, the brothers began patrol. Mikey didn't talk too much as he knew patrol was meant to be silent, but he whispered.

It wasn't long before trouble started brewing. The brothers were expecting the foot, Kraang or even purple dragons....but not....him.

"Hello turtles, finally out of the lair, I see." A cold voice spoke, chilling the air. Shredder faced them...an eery smile etched on his face.

"Shredder...what are you doing here?" Leo stood strong, clutching his katana.  Shredder let out a harsh, dry laugh.

"I have been watching you turtles, and I have not seen the stupidest of you four, why is that?" Shredder grinned, a devious grin.

"Hey, I'm not stupid and it's none of your shell wax, Shred Head!" Mikey piped up, sticking out his tounge.

Shredder started walking to Mikey but the older brothers immediately surrounded the youngest, forming a protective barrier.

"Why are you even here? Leave my baby brother alone and beat it!" Raph yelled, gripping his sais.

"Oh I will, right after I do this....enjoy the present, foolish turtle." Shredder said. Everyone stood ground.

Before anyone could react, Shredder grabbed a weird gun and aimed it at Mikey, spraying him with a green, toxic looking gas. Then, he vanished.

Mikey hunched over on the ground, coughing violently. Tears poured from his eyes as he clutched his throat. Everyone ran over immediately.

"Mikey!" Raph gasped. "Are you ok?!" He asked in worry, supporting his little brother by holding him up.

Mikey couldn't reply, he was coughing so hard and still clutching his throat which burned in pain and just wouldn't stop...them, he was out.

Leo hurried to help Raph catch the unconscious turtle, who was struggling to breath. "We need to get him home, now!" Donnie commanded.

As they hurried back home, carrying the unconscious and barely breathing turtle, they were growing concerned.

"What did he spray on Mikey? What if it's something dangerous! We don't even know what it was!" Raph mused.

"You're right Raph, I'll do some tests after I get him hooked up to a breathing mask." Donnie replied.

They walked in the lair where Splinter was sitting, looking worried. "My sons, what happened to Michealangelo?" He asked.

"Shredder showed up and sprayed Mikey with a chemical, then he started coughing and holding his throat." Leo explained.

Splinter nodded and helped his sons move Mikey to the lab. Donnie put a breathing mask on his face and prepared some tests.

"We don't know what the chemical was sensei, what if it's something that can be...life threatening?" Leo said.

Splinter sighed and turned to the oldest. "Only time will tell, my son... hopefully it is not anything too dangerous."

A few moments later, Mikey woke up in a complete panic. His eyes were wide and he seemed very upset.

"Mikey? Mikey, calm down...you're safe." Leo told him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Everything is fine."

Mikey shook his head, not seeming to calm down."My son, what is the matter? Are you in pain?"

Mikey nodded, pointing to his throat. Donnie grabbed one of his tools and told Mikey to open his mouth. He looked at Mikey's throat and gasped.

"Uh oh...this isn't good." He murmured. "Mikey's larynx is completely inflamed, and his vocal cords appear to be paralyzed."

"Is...Is it permanent?" Leo asked in shock. Donnie sighed. "I can't say for sure, he might need surgery."

Splinter rubbed Mikey's head, nothing the orange-masked turtle was shaking. He hated surgery.

"Was it the chemical that caused it?" Raph asked. Donnie nodded. "It's a high possibility if Mikey inhaled it."

"But, we didn't get affected? So why did it affect Mikey so severly?" Leo added in confusion.

Donnie shrugged. "I don't know, something tells me Shredder planned this, he did say he was watching us."

"But...how is he watching us? What if he's watching us right now?!" Raph demanded, clenching his fists.

"Guys, focus on Mikey." Leo said quietly, looking over at his little brother who was crying into his hands silently.

"Oh Mikey." Raph murmured, wrapping the distraught turtle in a hug. "It's ok, we'll figure this out."

"Hey Mikey...can you try and say something?" Donnie asked. Mikey nodded tearfully and opened his mouth. Only a squeak came out.

Mikey's eyes widened even more. He tried again but he just couldn't speak. "Hmm, it is severe." Donnie mumbled.

"What does that mean Donnie?" Raph asked, patting Mikey to comfort him since his baby blue eyes watered with tears.

"Mikey...Mikey may not speak again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey readers! I really hope you enjoy the sequel to 'Muted Soul' please read the first book if you haven't already! I will update as often as I can, once a week for sure maybe when twice a week!

Which cover do you like better?

~Kittymasterofall14😘😍😊😂😆😇😺😹😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😆😇😺😹😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕